Author Topic: Mallack family (late 1600-early 1700s)  (Read 55 times)

Offline SamuelF992

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mallack family (late 1600-early 1700s)
« on: Wednesday 09 January 19 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you had encountered or know anything of the Mallack family, who lived around the Pitminster/Taunton area around the late 1600-early 1700s. I have a grandfather Thomas marrying Benedicta Standerwick in 1714. The record in the Bath and Wells diocese has him as a gentleman, and they married in Wells despite both living the Taunton area. I've not had a gentleman in my tree before and the surname is quite intriguing. I've seen it written as Mallak, Mallark and Malloch. I think it's most likely a corruption of the Scottish Malloch, but any info anyone has would be much appreciated!

Best wishes
Samuel
2nd generation - Fawcett, Elsbury, Sanders, Aldridge
3rd - as above, Hutchison, Babb, Enticott, Edwards
4th - as above, Turner, Bater, Marshall, Webb, Chick, Cottey, Tozer, Rowland
5th - as above, Broomfield, Fry, Wood, Clark, Baker, Boyland, Lane, Bryant, Pearce, Carey, Bailey, Freeman, Hill

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mallack family (late 1600-early 1700s)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 January 19 12:03 GMT (UK) »
I note there are quite a few records for the name at Pitminster : St Mary and Andrew, on freereg.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.