Author Topic: Ada, my Great Grandmother  (Read 417 times)

Offline ConfusedMason

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ada, my Great Grandmother
« on: Friday 11 January 19 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for the extremely low resolution for the following images.....

This is a photo of my great grandmother (bottom left), Ada.

Here is a lady I am trying to match up as one of her sisters

I apologize for the extremely low resolution photograph, I do not have the original but am actively trying to obtain it.

I am 100% sure that the lady in the second image is either one of the ladies on the top row, first two on the left, OR the lady on the bottom right.

Is the photo too small to be able to tell from images alone?

(Photo taken in Western Australia, sometime in the 1910s I believe)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ada, my Great Grandmother
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 January 19 14:11 GMT (UK) »
I hope this may help you. The 2nd lady has a very square jaw line but this could have changed as she got older. It could be the lady on the right of the front row, but I'm not certain.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 January 19 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Nice one Pat...I would guess at second left on the back row.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 January 19 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Before I read your post properly I picked the lady bottom left as the closest to the lady in the small photo. Now, realising the one I picked is your great grandmother, I think the only possibly for her sister is the one immediately behind her, that is, I'm agreeing with Carol. While Pat's done a great job in lining them up, a larger res image would certainly help if you can get one later.
Cheers,
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.