Author Topic: christenings in anfield, liverpool  (Read 1548 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: christenings in anfield, liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 January 19 17:49 GMT (UK) »
This entry is from what used to be termed the Vital Records Index which was compiled by the Mormon Church and has been randomly added to over the years

Being realistic - even if you found the original entry it will tell you very little more that what you have already found.  It will not tell you why he was baptised so late or why the baptism was outside his home area.

You will only get his fathers occupation and possibly the home address
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Flyingswan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 January 19 18:24 GMT (UK) »
all I'm really looking for is the name of the church he was christened in... I know all about his parents etc but as he died so young and most of that side of the family are also no longer with us I have nobody to ask. its unfortunate that we know so little about him apart from birth/ death dates and the fact he ran away to join up in the war. was just hoping to be able to fill out the picture.
thanks for your help

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 January 19 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I understand the wish to have any record that may be available, even if it doesn't tell us anything new at least we have some record of events in a person's life when we know so little about them.

Do you have a date for his death/funeral?
If you don't already have it I am happy to look for any death notices etc in the newspapers, an approximate date would help the search.

Boo

Offline Flyingswan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 January 19 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Boo,
I do have the details of his death etc thanks. its the everyday stuff i wanted to try and find. he died so young that it seemed a shame not to know more than just the basic bits that were easy to find. ill keep looking and im sure ill find something eventually.
i would like to thank both you Boo and also Carole w for taking the time  to offer your help, its much appreciated
best regards