Author Topic: Useful DNA links - please add to  (Read 175 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Useful DNA links - please add to
« on: Friday 11 January 19 15:12 GMT (UK) »
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Martin H. Watson Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246
    • View Profile
Re: Useful DNA links - please add to
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 January 19 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Well done Margaret. I knew it was a good idea. I'm retired now but a long time ago somebody said don't ever find ways of improving your own job as you will have to adapt to change. However if you can see good ways of other people improving their jobs you will get the credit and they will have to make the changes. I hope this thread runs and runs.

Martin
Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093

Names:
Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton, Durham & Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & Hartlepool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London); 
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool); 
Young, Adamson & Wilson, (Hartlepool). 

I use GRAMPS v5.0 software. 

My ancestors are probably turning in their graves, not that I can actually find any of them.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 January 19 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline JaneyH_104

• RootsChat Extra
  • My great-grandmother, Elizabeth Dyson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 January 19 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Here’s a couple of blog articles by Donna Rutherford that I found incredibly helpful when I started with DNA research:

http://donnarutherford.com/put-the-kettle-on-lets-sit-down-and-talk-about-dna-for-newbies-only/

http://donnarutherford.com/getting-started-with-gedmatch-basics-for-newbies/

BOWDLER - Forest of Dean & Devon, DYSON, ENTWISTLE & TOWNEND - Huddersfield, CLARKE - Dorset, SCOBLE - Devon, HOUGH, COPE & WHITTAKER - Cheshire, BRACHER - Wiltshire, DENNISS - Herts/Hunts, SQUIRE - Hunts/Beds, BROWN - Herts/Beds