Author Topic: Abel Lloyd abt 1818 Ystrad Aeron -Dec 1875 Cwmavon Glamorgan Where in 1841 ?  (Read 271 times)

Offline mlrsuperstar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rootschatters,

I am trying to find out where was Abel Lloyd between 1818 and 1851 .He born about 1818 near Ystrad Aeron. Christened 23/8/1818.
He married either Rachel Evans or Eleanor Davies in Mar qtr 1843 Aberayron (perhaps you can tell me which one) ?
I have him in 1851,1861and 1871 and he was buried in St Michaels ,Cwmavon (Michaelstone Super Avon) on 1/1/1876 and that he was down as being married to Elizabeth Stephens on the 1861 but didn't actually marry her until Dec 1865.

It is the 1818-1851 part I am looking to fill in the blanks; especially where was he in the 1841 Census? I have looked but it has got to be an error in recording that you normally solve so well.
 So please help !
 Thanks in advance

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Abel Lloyd abt 1818 Ystrad Aeron -Dec 1875 Cwmavon Glamorgan Where in 1841 ?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 January 19 22:02 GMT (UK) »
I see your problem.Abel appears to be with his birth family in 1851 rather than with his wife.I can find this family in 1841 in Lampeter,with the exception that there is a David instead of Abel.However,there are baptism records for Abel and David.Hmmm....

Regards
Roger

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mlrsuperstar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Abel Lloyd abt 1818 Ystrad Aeron -Dec 1875 Cwmavon Glamorgan Where in 1841 ?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 January 19 09:13 GMT (UK) »
As Abel was a "cordwainer" ( a maker of soft leather shoes) or a boot repairer in later life I am wondering if he was serving his  time as an apprentice somewhere. How can I check that out ?

Offline mlrsuperstar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 February 19 19:02 GMT (UK) »
For the moment I am pencilling in Sedgley Staffordshire as there is an "Abel Loyde "there on the 1841 census

Offline mlrsuperstar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 February 19 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Regarding the marriage I didn't realise the GRO were putting their prices up >:(   this weekend so I am still in the hunt for which church did he marry in in 1843 and was it to Rachel or Eleanor ????