Author Topic: Early Baptism sources for Gelderland, Netherlands  (Read 656 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Early Baptism sources for Gelderland, Netherlands
« on: Saturday 12 January 19 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks I am helping someone connected to me via YDNA who has the following ancestor in his family tree. The question is that is there a way to locate baptism records online for the children of Willem Claaszen van Doorn and Dirkje Aaldertzen van Deijl? They appear born between 1714- 1730s I am looking for a son named Willem.

Willem Claaszen van Doorn, son of [Claas Claaszen] van Doorn, was born about 1685 in Hemmen, Gelderland, Netherlands. He married 3 times. The first time he married Maria Gerritz before 1712. She died before October 1712 The second time he married Catharina van Putten on October 23, 1712 in Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands. She died on March 6, 1713 in Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands The third time he married Dirkje Aaldertzen van Deijl, daughter of Aeldert van Deijl and Neeltjen Dircks, on November 26, 1713 in Kapel-Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands. She was born before April 8, 1691 in Kapel-Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands and died in 1742 in Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands

Children of Willem Claaszen van Doorn and Catharina van Putten:

Cathrijn van Doorn (1713)

Children of Willem Claaszen van Doorn and Dirkje Aaldertzen van Deijl:

Aaldert van Doorn (1714)
    Claas van Doorn (1717)
    Aaldert van Doorn (1719)
    Neelken van Doorn (1723)
    Neeltje van Doorn (1726)
    Hendrik van Doorn (1729)
    Roelof van Doorn (1732)

On a separate note I am searching to see if this the actual father of Willem Claaszen van Doorn. If anyone can strengthen this link with genealogical evidence that will be great.

[Claas Claaszen] van Doorn, son of [Claas] van Doorn, was born about 1660 in Woerden, Utrecht, Netherlands.

Children of [Claas Claaszen] van Doorn:
        Willem Claaszen van Doorn (1685)
           Jacomijn Claessen van Doorn

Any help finding actual baptism dates or pointing me in the direction where I can search for them online would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Early Baptism sources for Gelderland, Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 January 19 03:05 GMT (UK) »
Here is a transcription for “DTB Avezaath, dopen 1624-1754” (“DTB” = Doop-, trouw- en begraafregisters i.e. registers for baptisms, marriages and burials )
http://www.hogenda.nl/wp-content/plugins/hogenda-search/download_attachment.php?id=1804&type=source

Note: DTB books #1850 and #1851 are only for “Hervormd”  (i.e. a protestant religion) according to
https://www.regionaalarchiefrivierenland.nl/archieven?mivast=102&mizig=210&miadt=102&miaet=1&micode=0010&minr=2853492&miview=inv2&milang=en

ps Here are the images as well: https://www.geldersarchief.nl/bronnen/archieven/?mivast=37&mizig=158&miadt=37&miaet=14&micode=0176&minr=36171727&milang=nl&misort=last_mod%7Casc&miview=ldt

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 January 19 05:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for the great help  :) I found the baptisms 1614-1629 but could not find anything on [Claas Claaszen] van Doorn, son of [Claas] van Doorn, was born about 1660 in Woerden, Utrecht.

Do you happen to know if Woudenberg Utrecht tax records are printed online? I'm also looking for general Woudenberg records online 1500s & 1600s if any. I'd appreciate the links 

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 January 19 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Pre 1800 is not my strong point, but here is a stab at it:

Woudenberg seems to fall under "Archief Eemland": https://www.archiefeemland.nl/over-ons/informatie-over-de-regio/woudenberg

Here are the descriptions of some of the Woudenberg non DTB series.
https://www.archieven.nl/nl/zoeken?mivast=0&mizig=210&miadt=28&micode=0500&miview=inv2#inv3t2 ("Beschrijving van de series en archiefbestanddelen")
It seems that most of them are held by Archief Eemland, but I am not sure how much is actually online. You could try here: https://www.archiefeemland.nl/bronnen/archieven

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 January 19 06:52 GMT (UK) »
BTW I am a bit confused now ... did those early baptisms take place in Woerden (Utrecht, but prev Zuid Holland) or Woudenburg (Utrecht)

PS there is this possibility if they were protestant:

Beheersnummer:    W020
Archief:    Fonds doop-, trouw- en begraafboeken Woerden
Beschrijving index:    Dopen Woerden, 1663 - 1663
Inventarisnummer:    2
Folionummer:    183
Naam:    Claas
Geslacht:    Man
Gedoopt:    06-02-1663 te Woerden
Kerkgenootschap:    Nederlands-hervormd
Vader:    Claas Claassen
Moeder:    Marritjen Thomas
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9QV-48DF?i=338&cc=2037907&cat=50072

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 January 19 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, I have not seen that 1663 Class before but he seems to fit.

I am in a YDNA challange here. The van Doorn and Claas 1663 maybe the ancestors of Willem van Doorn from Eck en Wiel born 1729-1740.

Willem van Doorn, son of ?, was born estimated 1729-1740 in Eck en Wiel, Gelderland, Netherlands. He married Artje van Gessel, daughter of Claes Dirks van Gessel and Arike Aartse Klinger, on March 9, 1760 in Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands. She was born before July 10, 1729 in Kerk-Avezaath, Gelderland, Netherlands

Its possible Willem was son of Willem Claaszen van Doorn and Dirkje Aaldertzen van Deijl but there is no baptism (Willem's wife born around 1729).

Willem Claaszen van Doorn and Dirkje Aaldertzen children mentioned in this post earlier

Aaldert van Doorn (1714)
    Claas van Doorn (1717)
    Aaldert van Doorn (1719)
    Neelken van Doorn (1723)
    Neeltje van Doorn (1726)
    Hendrik van Doorn (1729)
    Roelof van Doorn (1732)

all from Avezaath but no birth of a Willem although there should be a Willem?

I need to prove if Willem van Doorn 1729-1740 in Eck en Wiel fits in the above family.

Willem van Doorn 1729-1740 in Eck en Wiel named in 1766 a son named Klass, coincidence or naming patern?

Next comes in YDNA. The decendant of the above has 100% dna match to me and we both fall in a newly discovered haplogroup snp.

My ancestry below falls into Woundenberg.

The estate Groot Lambalgen was held in lease in 1536 by Marten Jansz,
Marten should be the son of Jan, Jan would be my 16th or 17th generation ancestor. The father or grandfather of Jan came from Sweden.

Likely he was the immediate ancestor of

Marten Fransz., mentioned 1599-1614, living in Woudenberg, tenant-farmer at Groot Lambalgen (1599). In a 1614 tax register of Woudenberg Marten Franssen was mentioned as well.

Selis nothing is known of him accept we take his name from his son.

Marten Selissen living around Emmickhuizen 1649 to 1652. Mentioned in 1652 as a church member at Emmickhuizen and no longer mentioned by 1657.

His son   Celis Martensz., [Selis Matense(n)] farmer, living at Lambalgen (1641) and in the hamlet at Emmikhuizen (1651-1675), from 1675 till his death he lived at Renswoude, he died at Renswoude 8th Jan. 1678; married Petertje Ottendr., who died Renswoude 28th Oct. 1674.

I take the fact that Celis is found as having a child in 1641 at Lambalgen in Woudenberg.

He must have ties there. The early names in Woudenberg found a while back indicate possible ancestors. Its all a bit sketchy.

The father of Marten Selissen can't be located. I keep searching.

I found an interesing record

Gerrit Celissen married 17-11-1611  Ochtgen Otten at Scherpenzeel

Perhaps Gerrit is a brother of Marten Selissen

Perhaps the fathers name is Selis or Celis? Who should have ties to Lambalgen estate in Woudenberg. If I can make that connection that is part of the battle.

The other is to link Willem van Doorn to Woudenberg in the 1500s. The Claas at Woerden in 1663 is not that far away but not yet a proven connection.

Further Dutch is not my language which makes searching harder. I will try the links you sent. Thanks Kindly for them but if you come up with anything that can help that will be great.

Around 1450-1500 the line comes from Sweden as DNA is telling me. Another challange to link that Swedish connection.

Any further help appreciated