Author Topic: Find My Past Subscription  (Read 8423 times)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past Subscription
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 17 January 19 11:31 GMT (UK) »
I tried to take up an offer for 3 months at FindMyPast via a link from IrishGenealogyNews a couple of weeks ago.  The discount was expiring within a few hours, but the three month option that I'd seen the week before (in the middle of the Christmas rush) had disappeared and I could only find a one month offer.

As it turns out, I think paying for just a month and not three has worked out for the best.  I've got out of the habit of using FindMyPast since they stopped ongoing free access to anything in their MyRecords and I'm finding that I'm using Ancestry far more than FindMyPast.

It makes far more sense to offer the month option, as often people are in a situation where they only want to go through one dataset, eg PRs for a particular county, because they've got a new lead.

I'll pay for one month without much hesitation, because I can always extend it if I want to, but if there's only a few things I want to look up I don't want to be tied in to three months.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 January 19 15:41 GMT (UK) »
I managed to get 15% discount off FindMyPast making it £101.96 but that is offered to everyone who renews, better than nothing I suppose as I do use the site rather a lot.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Ancestry Subscription................
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 January 19 15:10 GMT (UK) »
For reference in case anyone else may be due to renew shortly. The link below is still working for reduced price ancestry subscriptions as of the 27 th January 2019.  If you are on auto renewal, it needs to be cancelled (at least two days before) and then you can use this link to get a much better deal.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/offers/subscribe?dna=crossAct

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:37 GMT (UK) »
This offer is for Ancestry, I will be interested as to hearing  from anyone who renews in this way, I rang Ancestry and was told that it was only to do with DNA, unfortunately I cannot remember the whole message or the exact words but I wouldn't be able to renew in this way, it looks to be a bargain

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:42 GMT (UK) »
I've renewed at Ancestry in this way.  It popped up as an option via the DNA page once a relative gave me access to their DNA results.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Subscription................
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:43 GMT (UK) »
For reference in case anyone else may be due to renew shortly. The link below is still working for reduced price ancestry subscriptions as of the 27 th January 2019.  If you are on auto renewal, it needs to be cancelled (at least two days before) and then you can use this link to get a much better deal.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/offers/subscribe?dna=crossAct

Sandra

Sandra, I called Ancestry today as renewal 29th, and asked for my auto renewal to be cancelled, an E mail reply from them tells me my account will be closed after the 29th?

Does that mean I have to start all over again?
Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past Subscription until 28th January
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:44 GMT (UK) »

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Do you have to register separately for the Australian site, or can you use an existing log in?
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 27 January 19 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Do you have to register separately for the Australian site, or can you use an existing log in?

Reply 21 on this thread quoted someone in Australia renewing on this good offer.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=802504.18

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada