Author Topic: ChatterleyVillage  (Read 405 times)

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ChatterleyVillage
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Wow what a great site that is foud loads of interesting things I didn't know. Chatterley Hall was also called Bradwell Hall & great picture of it to.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Well Boswell Boy I checked up the name Syned and guess what :) found out
that
"
Bradwell Wood, Tunstall, belonging to R. Sneyd, Esq., in search of game on the Ist mst. The case was proved by John Baddeley, a gamekeeper. A fine of ss. and costs was imposed. John Davis, butcher, of Silverdale, was charged with removing a calf along the ...

so John did work for the Syned family
Thamks for that info really helped.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BoslemBoy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Great news - but note that Bradwell Hall and Chatterley Hall seem to have been two different halls, a mile or so apart, with Bradwell at the top of the hill and Chatterley down in the valley.  Bradwell Hall seems to be a care home now.

BB

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi BoslemBoy
I managed to get a picture of both halls & a plan of the woods too. Both John & his father were gamekeepers. So pleased I fund the newspaper article although haven't got the full transcript bt dn't think that would tell me much more and Ioy wanted to find out who John worked for.