Author Topic: WESLEY family around Sawley 1810-1850  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Sarco

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ancestor Archaeologist
    • View Profile
Re: WESLEY family around Sawley 1810-1850
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 January 19 05:48 GMT (UK) »
The original image of the Sawley PR (per ancestry) for the 15 Nov 1809 marriage of Benjamin WESLEY and Ann WILLMOTT has them both of Sawley, no mention of Leicestershire or Attenborough.

In the 1823 Sawley Land Tax Assessments, Benjamin WESLEY is renting a dwelling from William HOLLINSWORTH which is assessed at 1s 41/2p

The situation is the same in the 1826 assessments, except the dwelling is now noted as a house. Benjamin WESLEY does not appear in the 1832 assessments.

Cheers Darryl
Sydney Australia

SMEDLEY, Sawley DBY & Sydney NSW
PELLOW, Cornwall
OLSEN, Norway (yes I know, there is a lot of them!)

Offline lynsfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WESLEY family around Sawley 1810-1850
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 January 19 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for info in todays posts.  Very Helpful.  My problem is John Westley - no dates seem to fit him. Couldn't find his birth/baptism. Nor his wife or children info in  England.  Perhaps by co-incidence there may have been two families with slightly different surnames Wesley and Westley. 
Seems so strange that they had multiple children on different dates with the same name except for Benjamin junior whom I managed to trace for 3 generations further in England.
I have uncovered the convict records for John's brother George who was tried same day as John but went to Pentonville wasn't transport until 1847 - to Victoria.
John in Tasmania - his records for marriage and death don't gel and the difference between Johns birth and Georges birth based on Trial records also don't particularly gel. 
Any other insights appreciated.
Regards to all
Lyn   
Current active interests.
Evans from Wales and Cornwall, Barnes (Barns), Mildren, Lory, from Cornwall.  Families migrated to Australia - Evans, Mildren between 1830-1860's.