Author Topic: photo for dating please? family from Street, Somerset  (Read 288 times)

Offline LittleNell44

• RootsChat Member
  • Little Nell ~ summer 1966
    • View Profile
photo for dating please? family from Street, Somerset
« on: Wednesday 16 January 19 20:57 GMT (UK) »
I have a handful of photo's (sent from Street as postcards and enclosed in written correspondence) to 'Auntie Jinny and Uncle Charlie' who are my gt grandparents from 'Hilda' and 'Millie' whom I believe are 2 of the younger women in some of the photo's.  The young lad is 'Lennie' and I know that Millie married a Charlie and they had a son Ken.

My problem is finding out who they are and trying to find a family with a Hilda and a Millie (who could be Amelia, Millicent, Mildred, Emily or just Millie) so it would help if I could date the photo to give the family approximate ages.

The first photo is a small glossy white bordered photo; on the rear it says 'this is a snap at Weymouth'.  I believe the woman on the left to be Hilda and the boy 3rd left to be Lennie.

The 2nd photo is the same size and description as above; on the rear it says 'we took Len away for week at Weymouth August'.  I believe Len is the boy on the left.

The 3rd photo (in the field setting) I believe the young woman standing 3rd from the left is Hilda, Millie is possibly the female standing 3rd from the right and Lennie is sitting (this is an unwritten postcard).

The 4th picture is I believe Millie and Charlie's wedding.  Hilda is seated next to Charlie and Lennie is seated in front.  My gt grandfather is the gent standing at the rear, 5th from the right next to the chap in the bowler hat (my gt grandfather was born in 1878).

Many thanks for reading this and getting this far !  ;D
searching - Lovesey (Worcs, Wilts) / Hickey (B'ham, Cork) / Turland & Buckler (N'hants, Warks) / Cannon (Ireland) / Hymas, Hayton, Warrior, Bowes, Hutchinson & Watson (Nth & West Ridings of Yorks)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: photo for dating please? family from Street, Somerset
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 January 19 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Nice photos...here is what I think could be the dates:

1. 1920s

2. 1930s

3.1915-20

4.1930s

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline LittleNell44

• RootsChat Member
  • Little Nell ~ summer 1966
    • View Profile
Re: photo for dating please? family from Street, Somerset
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 January 19 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for taking the time to study the photo's and to give me your thoughts..

Nell
searching - Lovesey (Worcs, Wilts) / Hickey (B'ham, Cork) / Turland & Buckler (N'hants, Warks) / Cannon (Ireland) / Hymas, Hayton, Warrior, Bowes, Hutchinson & Watson (Nth & West Ridings of Yorks)