Author Topic: Camlachie Marriage 1954  (Read 159 times)

Offline samsubuco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Camlachie Marriage 1954
« on: Thursday 17 January 19 01:23 GMT (UK) »
I have my grandparents marriage cert which says their place of marriage was
"the Office of the Registrar for the District of Camlachie, Glasgow".
I've had a look online and came up with nothing which helps. I live and work nearby and know the area fairly well however, 1954 was a little before my time and the area has changed so much over the years.
I'm hoping someone remembers if there was a registrars office there and what street it would have been on?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sam  :)
Burrows, Niven, Barclay, Leadbetter, McLaughlin, Reilly, McKenzie, Arthur

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Camlachie Marriage 1954
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 January 19 02:10 GMT (UK) »
I did a quick google and the Post Office Directory gives an address of 8 East John Street for the Registery Office

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 January 19 11:56 GMT (UK) »
A previous request for East John Street.Sorry seems my attempt to post a hyper link is wrong but there was a previous post if someone more savvy could help samsubusco. It was at the bottom end of what is now a longer bluevale street.
Henderson
Crawford

Offline Falkyrn

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 January 19 12:09 GMT (UK) »
As said, East John Street became a part of Bluevale Street in the great shuffle.

And this is possibly the previous thread https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=762516.msg6140155#msg6140155
Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Offline garngad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 January 19 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Falkyrn dont know why i couldnt link but retrieved the map so hope it helps.
Henderson
Crawford