Author Topic: Hospital Census Records 1911  (Read 3186 times)

Offline 3Chant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hospital Census Records 1911
« on: Thursday 17 January 19 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Were hospital inmates recorded in 1911 census?
I have drawn  a blank in my search on Ancestry for Ann Eliza Moroney nee Thomson b 1841ish in Oswestry. She died in June 1911 ìn tbe Workhouse Hospital, Elswick, Newcastle upon  Tyne. I have searched all her childrens census records and she does not appear at their addresses. As cause of death was "senility" and "syncope"  I am thinking she may have been in hospital  at the time of the 1911 census but I cannot fine any hospital census records.
Miller Millar Moroney Burke Masterson Munro Phemister Wall Brophy Curtin Magan Thomson Galvin Price Foster Reid

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital Census Records 1911
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 January 19 10:21 GMT (UK) »
There's an entry for an Annie MARONEY aged 70, living alone in Northumberland, on FindMyPast.  Worth a look :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 January 19 10:42 GMT (UK) »
There's an entry for an Annie MARONEY aged 70, living alone in Northumberland, on FindMyPast.  Worth a look :)

Carol

That looks promising. The free index to the 1911 census on Genes Reunited gives her birthplace as ‘Bentry, North Wales’.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 January 19 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Yes Jen, I thought maybe Oswestry could look like that if it was written in a hurry :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 January 19 11:35 GMT (UK) »

Yes, every one in the country was entered in the censuses. Special 'Institutional Enumerators' Books' were sent to the various institutions. The heads of the Institutions enumerated the inmates and passed the books to the Census Office in London.
Newcstle upon Tyne Workhouse is at County Northumberland Civil Parish Elswick Enumeration District 36-37
Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 3Chant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 January 19 12:00 GMT (UK) »

Carol
Thanks Carol. I am stunned that you found this. I have been working on it for days. I have gone back to ancestry but still cannot bring up the record there. Any idea why? (I am trying to avoid taking out yet another subscription to a family history site!)Margaret
Miller Millar Moroney Burke Masterson Munro Phemister Wall Brophy Curtin Magan Thomson Galvin Price Foster Reid

Offline 3Chant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 January 19 12:01 GMT (UK) »

Yes, every one in the country was entered in the censuses. Special 'Institutional Enumerators' Books' were sent to the various institutions. The heads of the Institutions enumerated the inmates and passed the books to the Census Office in London.
Newcstle upon Tyne Workhouse is at County Northumberland Civil Parish Elswick Enumeration District 36-37
Stan
Thanks, Stan. That is very helpful and useful to know. Margaret

Offline 3Chant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 17 January 19 12:06 GMT (UK) »
 The free index to the 1911 census on Genes Reunited gives her birthplace as ‘Bentry, North Wales’.

Many thanks. Once again, I am stunned at how readily you find this stuff. I have looked at the free Genes Reunited entry. Posting the detail into an ancestry search does not bring it up though. It drives me mad! Is there anywhere that I can see the full census entry for free?
Margaret

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 January 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Try Annie Marmery on ancestry  :)

Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London