Author Topic: Searching for a burial at St. Lambertus in Helden The Netherlands June 1919.  (Read 419 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Hello  :) I am looking for help in trying to locate a burial:

Elisabeth Kempen (Born Verheijen as her mother was not married to my Great Grandfather at that time) was born in Helden on the  23 March 1894, she married Martinus Lemmen on the 22nd of February 1915 in Maasbree and had a child, Karel Henricus Lemmen in May of that year.

Elisabeth died on Tuesday 17th June 1919 at the age of 25, seven months before her son, and is probably buried in the parish of St. Lambertus in Helden, does anyone know if any records exist online for the parish, I am trying to find out if a grave is still in existence or not, up until I started doing my mothers side of the family no one knew she even existed, in fact it was a member of Rootschat who found me the marriage record of my Great Grandparents and the note of the "Adoption" of Elisabeth to my Great Grandfather.

Any help or tips on how to proceed would be very welcome and greatfully received.

My very best regards always.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline cathnl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for a burial at St. Lambertus in Helden The Netherlands June 1919.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 January 19 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank, Here is a link to the Helden cemetery: https://www.online-begraafplaatsen.nl/zerken.asp?command=showpers&bgp=1375&char=K
Unfortunately, I can't see Elisabeth listed, but I thought you might find the website helpful to do some further research. I have also checked newspaper reports (Delpher Kranten), but again have found no references to her death or funeral.  Searches on other family trees were similarly fruitless! I see that you have posted on wiewaswie, so hope you have better luck from there!

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for a burial at St. Lambertus in Helden The Netherlands June 1919.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 January 19 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi cathnl  :) Thank you so much for the reply and the link, it will be helpful possibly in the future.

Yes, Elisabeth is proving to be a bit of a enigma, the search continues, many thanks again for the reply.

Best regards always.
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands