Author Topic: Marriage lookup request in Boston please  (Read 732 times)

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup request in Boston please
« on: Thursday 17 January 19 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
 I have just found some sketchy info on a Johanna/Hannah/Anna O'Leary who I think could quite possibly be my great Aunt.  I have her born 19 Aug 1881 in Kerry Ireland and I have found a petition for naturalization in Massachussettes in 1941 (age 60) and on this she states her husband as being Daniel O'Leary but it states her name as Hannah O'Leary as being her full, true and correct name and no other names given. It also states she was married 2 Jul 1911 in Boston. And names her 3 children, Anna 1912, Margaret 1916 and Jeremiah 1919. It also states that she arrived in the US on 14 May 1908 on the SS Ivernia.  After a lot of searching I finally found a census record for her and hubby and her 3 children in Quincy Ward 3, Norfolk County in 1920 but have found no other census. (or anything else remotely useful)
I found an entry on the US social security stating Anna O'Leary b. 19 Aug 1882 in Kerry and parents named as Michael O'Leary and Anna Walsh. Notes Oct 1942 name listed as Anna O'Leary. I can't find a proper death record for Johanna/Hannah/Anna or her husband Daniel and would dearly love any info the marriage cert could give me as Daniel could be a cousin I don't know about. Or they may not be connected or related. Either way I'd just like to know and I am hoping someone with better resources than me can help me sort them out.
Thanks to all that reads this and fingers crossed some bright spark finds something.

All the best
Anjo

Ooooooh just wanted to add that her address on 15 Dec 1941 is 11 Richmond Street, Weymouth, Norfolk County, Massachusettes.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup request in Boston please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 January 19 21:55 GMT (UK) »

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 January 19 21:57 GMT (UK) »
1940? as transcribed

Daniel O'Ledry 60
Anna 59
Anna F 26
Margaret F 24
Gerald 21
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 January 19 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Wow thanks guys you've been amazing. It looks like Hannah O'Leary isn't who I thought she was going to be as she has the wrong parents and I need to go and investigate both sets of parents now just to make sure there isn't a connection to my tree.

This has helped clear up one problem though.
You have both been amazing Millepede and RJ137 thanks a million

Anjo

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 January 19 22:05 GMT (UK) »
WW2 draft registration card for Daniel Jeremiah O'Leary of 11 Richmond Street Norfolk

DOB 24 Jun 1878 Co Kerry Ireland
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 January 19 23:00 GMT (UK) »
I was surprised at the WW2 draft card I thought He would have been too old. but it gave us a birth date. Unfortunately I couldn't find a baptism or birth record on irishgenealogy.ie for him. Then I found his naturalisation papers and on that he states his birth as 12 Apr 1877 and his wife was Hannah born about 1884. So this bunch weren't good on dates which just adds to the nightmare. He arrived in Boston 22 Apr 1906 on the ship cymric. I think I'm flogging a dead horse. I can't see any connection with this lot and mine.

Thanks for all your help but I think its time to put my headache away in a box for another day
All the best
Anjo

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 January 19 13:40 GMT (UK) »
This gives information on the so-called "Old Man's Draft" - https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/United_States_World_War_II_Draft_Records  Apparently, they were looking for guys with useful skills for the war effort, like welding, and it turned out to be useful for genealogists decades later.   :)