Author Topic: Dutch to English Translation  (Read 1048 times)

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dutch to English Translation
« on: Thursday 17 January 19 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Could some one please translate the following newspaper article for me. The text I've copied and pasted below. Many TIA's.
"By exploit van mij, deurwaarder, van den 7en Juli 1945, is,
ten verzoeke van Everdina Stevina Hannessen, echtgenoote van Petrus Johannes Oosterling, rechtens, wonende te diens huize, doch afzonderlijk van hem feitelijk verbijhoudende te 's-Gravenhage, ten deze domicilie kiezende aldaar aan den Nieuwe Uitleg no. 22, ten kantore van de door haar gestelden procureur Mr. J. Spanjersberg,
Gedagvaard:
Petrus Johannes Oosterling,voornoemd. Laatst gewoond hebbende te 's-Gravenhage,
doch thans zonder bekende woon- of verblijfplaats.
Om op Dinsdag 11 September,1945, v.m. 10 uur, bij procujreur te verschijnen ter te- rechtzitting van de Arrondissements-Rechtbank te Den Haag, Enkelvoudige Kamer,
gehouden wordende in het gebouw Prinsessegracht 4 aldaar.
Ten einde op de in die dagvaarding vermelde gronden te hooren eisch doen en concludeeren, dat het der Rechtbank
moge bëhagen tusschen partijen. den 24sten April 1936 te Voorburg gehuwd, de echtscheiding uit te spreken.
M. Ris, deurw."

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch to English Translation
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 January 19 07:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I speak German, and understand a little Dutch.

I’m sure someone else can translate it properly, but in case it helps, I think it’s a court summons concerning a couple who live apart.

It was written by a (bailiff?), M. Ris, on 7th July 1945 at the request of Everdina Stevina Hannessen, wife of Petrus Johannes Oosterling. I don’t understand the next bit. I think it says legally residing at his home but actully residing in 's-Gravenhage (The Hague), at his (service?) address there: Nieuwe Uitleg no. 22. Then there is something about (I think!) the office of the public prosecutor Mr. J. Spanjersberg.

Summoned:

Petrus Johannes Oosterling, aforesaid. Last residing in The Hague, but currently without known domicile or residence.

He should appear at the trial court of the District Court of The Hague,  Prinsessegracht 4, on Tuesday 11th September, 1945, at 10 a.m.

The next bit is something about the summons.
I think it says that the parties are invited to agree to the divorce. I’m not sure if the date (24th April 1936) is the date they were married, or if the divorce should somehow be made retrospectively legal.

This probably doesn’t help much!  ::)

Let’s hope someone can have a better go at it.  :)

Best regards,
Karen

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 January 19 08:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. It's beginning to make some sense now. Much appreciated!

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 January 19 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my attempt  :)

Frank.

Petrus Johannes Oosterling, aforementioned, who lived in The Hague,
but now without any known domicile or residence .
To appear on Tuesday, September 11, 1945, at 10 am, with procurator at the court of the District Court in The Hague, Single Chamber,
held in the building Prinsessegracht 4 there.
In order to hear and conclude on the grounds stated in that summons, that the Court
may intercede between the parties. married on the 24th of April 1936 in Voorburg, to pronounce the divorce.
M. Ris, doorw. "
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 January 19 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much. Cheers! :-*