Author Topic: Young Family of Bailieborough Information Needed  (Read 1898 times)

Offline SSlh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Young Family of Bailieborough Information Needed
« on: Friday 18 January 19 14:00 GMT (UK) »
I know very little of my Young family from Bailieborough and Cootehill.
If I can find just a few more clues for them, I might be able to start putting the pieces of the puzzle together and even finding their descendants.
Only known knowledge of them.

Rev James Young of Bailieborough . Clergyman and JP. Was in Bailieborough in 1805.

John Young County Meath . Captain of Killinkere Yeomanry
Many thanks for any information given.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Young Family of Bailieborough Information Needed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 January 19 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Religion?

Is this any connection? (not sure how accurate details are)
http://www.ocotilloroad.com/geneal/young1.html#JAME1
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline iem

• RootsChat Member
  • Magrath-Crowe & Magrath-McClean family of Dublin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 January 19 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Here is a little info which might help you chase up other leads .  They are not really part of my family tree, hence I'm afraid I've been a little sloppy in noting sources  :o

Mine are Magraths, but the Magraths did marry several Youngs - both families from Co Cavan,
Rev James Young abt 1761-abt 1810 (guesstimates) Rector of Timolin , Co Kildare. Ref'd to as 'the late' on marriage of son Chas Sheridan in 1835; Married Jane Smyth

Dgtr Anna Maria b abt 1792;Marriage 11 Aug 1812 • St Geo, Dublin. (SAMUEL SWANZY, of Cavan, solicitor, Clerk of the Crown for Co. Cavan, h. 1790, m. 11 Aug., 1812, Anna Maria, eldest dau. of the Rev. James Young, Vicar of Timolin, Co. Kildare, (brother of John Young, of Philpotstown, Co. Meath), by Jane, dau. of Patric...Samuel Swanzy (1786–1859)

Son Rev Chas Sheridan Young ,Education  31 May 1825 • Trinity College, Dublin . Pen. (PT) May 31 1825, aged 16; s of James, Clericus, b Cavan. BA Vern 1831. Alumni Dublinenses, 1924 ed.; Marriage 14th Feb 1835 • St Geo COI Dublin '...Charles Sheridan, young son of the Late Rev James Young, Rector of Timolin & Leighlin in the Co. of Kildare to Mary, daughter of the Late Folliott Magrath esq of Dublin'. Dublin Evening Packet & Correspondent , 17th Feb 1835. (Honeymoon in Lucan) Mary Magrath (1810–)

Hope this helps  :)
Magrath, Dublin & Lucan & Cavan
Carruthers/Crothers, Dublin
Crowe, Dublin
McClean, Dublin, Lucan, Armagh & Newry
Sharp, Wilburton & Cambridge,
Laffon - Castres en Tarn, Bordeaux, Amsterdam, Dublin

Offline LynHotchin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to all for the valuable information. Unfortunately, this below,  is all I know of the Youngs ... an excerpt from a letter written to us by my 3xgreat grandfather the Rev James Gibson in 1856. The family were staunch Presbyterian or Church of Ireland members.

"With respect to your mother's family, permit me to observe, your Grandfather and Grandmother were descended from two families in the County Cavan of the name Young. Her Grandfather's family resided at Cootehill and the branches of it were respectable from their position in society. Her Grandmother's family resided in Bailieboro and the branches of it were also respectable, some of the branches of it possessed property to a considerable amount in the parish of Killinkare and in other places. Her brother Rev James Young resided in Bailieboro . He was a beneficed clergyman , a Justice of the Peace in County Cavan and a possessor of considerable property. Another brother who resided in County Meath, was Captain of the Killinkare Yeomanry, who were his own tenants."

Just entering this incase anyone might see some link there to others.
Many, many thanks to all.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 07:09 GMT (UK) »

525 and 526 mentions a Rev John Young and properties in Bailieboro, certainly in the right ball-park with regards to their considerable property.....

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJW-WXK5?i=390&cat=185720

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 07:45 GMT (UK) »

770 and 771 seem to be same people on previous post....

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJ9-LX82?i=338&cat=185720

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Les57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 February 20 15:25 GMT (UK) »
I have communicated with Michael Young who resides in NSW Australia. He has compiled a book entitled 'A Family Kaleidoscope - The Young Family & Inter-related Families 1500 - 2000'. His book details the Young's who originated in Scotland, came to Ireland including Bailieborough and later dispersed to other locations. If you send me an email through the website I can put you in contact with Michael. https://www.bailiepublications.com