Author Topic: Chef / Waitress, 2nd World War Birmingham.  (Read 416 times)

Offline SheilaW3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Chef / Waitress, 2nd World War Birmingham.
« on: Friday 18 January 19 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello; I am desperate for help please. Discovered who my Biological Father could be, but need to be certain. As he has passed away 10 years ago, had no Wife or Children, there are no relatives who have the information I need. His name was Thomas John Conkey, known as "Jack," born Northern Ireland 1922, died Warwick 2008. He was a Chef. My Mother Kathleen Glennon, was a waitress in Birmingham. I assume that's how they could have known each other. But I need to know where they could have worked at same time. I was conceived 1949. A Thomas Conkey lived in Birmingham, Ladywood in 1945 and 1955, according to Electoral Roll on Ancestry, but I would like to know where he would have worked, then I would know where he knew my Mother. I live in Ireland, and due to Disability cannot travel to make enquiries, so hoping some kind person can please advise me. Many thanks.
Conkey, McLaughlin, Annett, Caffrey; Leonard; Glennon; Shanley; Gill; Murtagh

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Chef / Waitress, 2nd World War Birmingham.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 January 19 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Thomas died 17.1.2008 - birthdate 17.6.1922 and did not leave a will but administration was granted to somebody on 24.7.2008.  Perhaps whoever it was may be able to help you

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk

I very much doubt you will ever find out where they worked given it’s 70yrs ago and businesses will have changed hands many times since then plus even the possibility they have been demolished
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chef / Waitress, 2nd World War Birmingham.
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 January 19 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Also they may have met elsewhere ie not at work even though their jobs were in the same field
like at a dance or some other event.

Do you know where Kathleen was living at the time?  Just wondering if the address on the Roll for Thomas was near her. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos