Author Topic: Daniel VENABLES family and descendants  (Read 1018 times)

Offline pvamstel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel VENABLES family and descendants
« on: Saturday 19 January 19 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for descendants of the 1820 settlers Daniel and Jane Venables.  I am a descendant via their son John / his son Daniel Thomas / his daughter Amelia Jane, who was my great grandmother.  I am trying to complete and update a full family register of the South African Venables family and am especially looking for copies of any old photographs of the older members of the Venables.  I already have quite a lot of information and some old photographs, which I am happy to share with other descendants / researchers, but will also welcome and help.  Thanks Lyn

Offline Catherine Wait

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel VENABLES family and descendants
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 January 19 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn, did you look at the tree on www.g..i.com? also information on www.eggsa.org

Regards

Catherine
Ridley (Northumberland)
Turnbull (Northumberland))
Hatley (London)
McFadden (Donegal and Tasmania)

Offline pvamstel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 January 19 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Yes I did thank you, but the information there is incomplete.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 January 19 17:48 GMT (UK) »

As a new poster you might not be aware that at the bottom of each RootsChat page in the brown section under "Your Tools"  is a section "Surnames Interests" - you can add your own surnames and check if there is anyone else researching the same.
If someone comes along at a later date, they can find your information.  Hope this helps.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline vangasser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 September 21 01:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Lyn, There was a Mary Elizabeth Venables married to a James McKay Bishop about 1867 in the Orange Free State, South Africa. She died in 1887. Her father was Thomas Venables born about 1811 in the U.K. and his wife was Frances Sparks.
There was a Daniel Venables who was born in Wales in 1772 and died on 5 Sep 1833 in Grahamstown, Cape Province, South Africa. Apparently, his wife was Jane Hunt, who was born about 1774 in England, and died 9 August 1863 in Grahamstown, Cape Colony, South Africa. They had 5 children. None was called Daniel. There is a 7-generation file on Daniel. This might or might not be your Venables. Let me know.
I hope this helps a little,
'vangasser'.