Author Topic: Dunkirk Veterans Association Records  (Read 624 times)

Offline dave1948

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dunkirk Veterans Association Records
« on: Saturday 19 January 19 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Guys,  I have a copy of my Father in Law's Dunkerque Certificate. Issued by the 1940 Dunkerque Veterans Association, which I have found is no longer in existence. Who is now the Custodians of their records as the only details on the certificate are his name "Frederick Morris of Royal Artillery" and "Livre D’or Number 38805". I am trying to trace his Service Number which I imagine would be attached to the Veterans records.

Many thanks,  Dave.
Newall, Godfrey, Maskell (Essex)
Hugill, (Yorkshire)
McCutcheon, Maclachlin(Ayrshire)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dunkirk Veterans Association Records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 January 19 09:21 GMT (UK) »
If you are wanting his service number with a view to applying for his service record, you don't need it as long as you have, among the other requirements, his date of birth.

Otherwise, the Royal Artillery attestations record on Findmypast has a number of Frederick Morris some with an amount of personal detail.

Next thought is that the DVA was essentially locally run, branches were not all wound up at the same time.  On final closure in 2000, the funds were transferred to the Royal British Legion so they may (??) have the records mailto:info@britishlegion.org.uk.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia