Author Topic: Malta relatives  (Read 760 times)

Offline grenadier19611

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Malta relatives
« on: Tuesday 22 January 19 10:57 GMT (UK) »
I currently have my Camilleri family back to the late 1500s in Malta, but I am looking to trace children of Benigno Camilleri (abt 1804) who married Benedetta German  in  Valletta in 1830.  I currently have 1 Daughter Filomena (b. abt 1848) who is my Great Great Grandmother who married Vincenzo Scerri in 1868.
Any information on any other children to Benigno and Benedetta would be great.

Many thanks.
Lambert, Scerri,Xerri, Camilleri

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Malta relatives
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.  :)

Have you looked at Family Search?

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/location/1927185?region=Malta
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gedb2b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried http://en.geneanum.com/malta.html because the name comes up quite regular - GedB

Offline grenadier19611

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 08:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help.
I have looked at these websites that you suggested along with many other Malta related sites and I have left messages with anyone that I think could possibly have a connection.  So far without any response.
My tree was done by a "professional service" over in Malta, so I have no reason to doubt that it is correct.  Is it possible for me to attach it on rootschat for anyone interested to look at it?

Thanks.

Offline gedb2b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hiya, it’s good to know that I am not the only person struggling to get information on Maltese relatives, sadly though it seems there is no family link between our searches. There is another French based website that I have been using, it is part free and part subscription and carries some good information https://en.geneanet.org/ if you have not used it already it might well be worth a try. As for posting your tree on Rootschat I don’t think that is allowed, it really is a site just for helping and sharing information and ideas on all things genealogical with a few amusing sidelines thrown in.
Regards - GedB

Offline grenadier19611

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 January 19 11:15 GMT (UK) »
I also use geneanet and have left many messages there. Sadly without any replies.  I think that I have used just about everyMaltese related site that I know.  My best results so far have come from the Maltese genealogy group on Facebook and I have managed to connect with many Maltese second cousins living on the Island, but with regards to searching backwards, I am struggling to find any connections.  Surely, there must be somebody that has a connection to my tree somewhere out there!  Either Camilleri related or Scerri related....MY SEARCH CONTINUES..Back to the Malta artchives now to see if I can stumble across something interesting......Thanks