Author Topic: parents of elizabeth webb raine  (Read 1092 times)

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parents of elizabeth webb raine
« on: Wednesday 23 January 19 14:41 GMT (UK) »
hia im abit puzzled, my 3xg grandmother was Elizabeth webb raine, she married john karmock in 1837.
I have her baptism from 1821 and it states her birth date is 1810 listed the parents Charles and Elizabeth raine , Charles is a LIGHTERMAN her brother joseph was baptised at the same time and he was born 1812. address green bank.

I have also found a Charles born 1804 and his parents Charles and Elizabeth dad a WATERMAN is this another brother? (I cant read address)....

on the parents Charles raine and mother Elizabeth webb, I have their marriage in 1802 but cant find any birth or deaths for Elizabeth my problem is that A Charles Raine married a Louisa Ann Francis in 1809, (stated he a widower) they had a child Lydia currant raine 1816 address greenbank.  he was a WATERMAN but is that my Charles? seen as the first 2 children were baptised in 1821?. the area is st George in the east,  Stepney, tower hamlets, although the marriage to Louisa was whitchapple. 

Is is possible that the Charles a lighterman and Charles a waterman the same person and the children were baptised way after his second marriage and after their mum died)? the only Charles raine I can find is baptised 1780  Lower Well, St. George in the East parents joseph and mary (joseph was a lighterman).

I hope this makes sense, any ideas gratefully received. thank you
jo

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: parents of elizabeth webb raine
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 21:02 GMT (UK) »
hi
I think Elizabeth Raine died 1844 St George in the East London vol 2 P 58 as Charles died 1840 St George in the East London Vol 2 p 52

I don't think he remarried
think they had 4 children Charles 1804, Thomas 1806. Elizabeth 1810 and Joseph 1812
hope that helps
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 January 19 07:52 GMT (UK) »
St George in the East
Thomas Raine born 27 November 1806 baptized 25 December 1806 father Charles Raine, lighterman and Elizabeth address Green Bank.

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 January 19 08:02 GMT (UK) »
thank you - I noticed my silly mistake of Elizabeth born 1810 and joseph 1812 meaning their dad could not have remarried in 1809! silly me anyhow im still searching for the deaths and births of parents Elizabeth webb . the death in 1844 I don not believe is my Elizabeth as the burial records states its a plot bought by a gentleman William rains and he died in 1863 that's if im reading it right. im thinking I may have to take a chance and order the death in 1840 for Charles?

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 January 19 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Charles 1804 son of Charles and Elizabeth Raine - Waterman, address is Knights Court, Old Gravel Lane.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 January 19 08:52 GMT (UK) »
I think you are right about Charles parents.

Joseph Raine married Mary Clare by license 3 January 1773, at St John Wapping the license issued 2 January 1773, he was of St. John Wapping she was of Greenwich Kent, both single and over 21.
Witness Samuel and Elizabeth Whitehead

The first child James baptized in her parish of St Alphege Kent 13 March 1775 born 7 February 1775
of Joseph and Mary Raine father Joseph a lighterman.
2nd Joseph baptised 27 October 1776 age 16 days address Lower Gun Alley at St George in the East.
Charles baptised 18 June 1780 age 20 days address Lower Well? Alley
James baptised 2 June 1782 aged 24 days Lower Well Alley
Thomas baptized 19 December 1784
Sarah baptized 7 January 1787 age 22 days address Lower Gun Alley
William baptised 22 November 1788 age 24 days Lower Gun Alley

Joseph the son born 1776 likely married Jane Anchors their first child baptised 1798

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 January 19 09:04 GMT (UK) »
thank you amondg that is a lot of information you have there in truly grateful... would you say then that my Charles is not the same Charles who married Louisa in 1809 and had a child Lydia currant in 1816 a waterman?. It bothers me because  others have him as remarrying (and with the dad joseph etc) - I know I should not worry what others have but that's only possible when you know you are right with the paper trail, which is why id like to find the deaths or something else to confirm. im confused on the lighterman/waterman thing too . thank you jo

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 January 19 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Personally I think they are 2 different men your Charles is always a Lighterman.

Joseph Raine senior was buried 8 December 1803 age 54 at St George in the East.

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 January 19 11:02 GMT (UK) »
thank you for you help and thoughts