Author Topic: ReUnion Software on the Mac  (Read 3036 times)

Offline GRAINGE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ReUnion Software on the Mac
« on: Monday 28 January 19 17:47 GMT (UK) »
I have used ReUnion 9 for many years. Having recently attended a talk about various software (family history file) options for the Mac, I am delighted to discover that it is possible to open links to Family History websites - such as Family Search -  search for family matches and directly import data into one's own chosen Family History File - I am considering an upgrade to ReUnion 12 - is this facility available and what would be the other advantages ?

Online sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
Re: ReUnion Software on the Mac
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 January 19 18:21 GMT (UK) »
You can upgrade from Reunion 9.
It seems it's all here ... http://www.leisterpro.com ... including New Features (side menu) and a Q&A on the Upgrade (top menu).
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline GRAINGE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 January 19 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you - I was looking ferry personal experiences / opinions

Offline GRAINGE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 13:13 GMT (UK) »
I have not yet purchased as I would like to use Demo of ReUnion 12 first. I have a licence number, carefully recorded but it will not accept the licence number so I am obliged to a trial run on demo version.  Following the instructions in the video  -  having moved ReUnion 12 into my dock  with the  earlier file  now on my desktop I m trying to click and drag the earlier version into ReUnion 12. The new version- ReUnion 12  opens  but it has not accepted any data - as the demo is limited to 50 persons only will it not accept any persons from a file containing more than 50?   Help !!

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 February 19 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Can’t help with your demo issue but have you tried the Reunion talk forum? Or contact developers. There is a Mac/Reunion topic here, but not sure if that has the answer... haven’t read it all.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=31989.0

I’ve had Reunion for a couple of years but haven’t used it much. It was quite difficult to organise my sources. I had imported a GEDCOM. I think Reunion is much better if you start from scratch with it. But, it’s a very powerful programme and I think worth getting to grips with even with imported data. I upgraded from Reunion 10 to Reunion 12 a couple of weeks ago. The new layout of Tree View is great and can be emailed... there are a lot of other new features as well since I last used it. There is a video tutorial on their site and also on you tube I think.
Jane
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Davies, Griffiths, Griffith, Jones, Ellis. Flintshire, Wales.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline davidgp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 February 19 10:16 GMT (UK) »
I'm a long-time Reunion user, currently with ver 12. The dropdown 'search the web' facility is one of my most used features in the program. It lets me start me Internet searches from my family tree and keeps me focused on the individual I'm researching. You choose a list of your own favourite sites to visit (I've added the .co.uk sites rather than the .com addresses for place like FindMyPast and Anc). The search list is divided up into countries and Worldwide - it's reasonably regularly updated by Lesiterpro and if you are of the coding persuasion you can fine tune, tinker or write you own search criteria.

Hope this helps with your decision
David

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 February 19 10:22 GMT (UK) »
..You choose a list of your own favourite sites to visit (I've added the .co.uk sites rather than the .com addresses for place like FindMyPast and Anc)..

Ooohh.. didn't know you could do that.. even better. At the moment I use Ancestry/FindMyPast etc and synch with FTM but I'd much rather import records directly to Reunion from wherever I find them.

Coding .. wish I could, but it's beyond me!
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline davidgp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 February 19 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane
Reunion lets you find stuff based on your family tree card but it doesn't let you import anything directly from the found source. The feature is only useful for searching.

The Favourites feature just makes using regular sources like Family Search or FindMyPast UK that much quicker.

There are very comprehensive details on how to write your own search filters on the reunion forum site - it's also a bit above my pay grade!

David

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 February 19 12:21 GMT (UK) »
.. it doesn't let you import anything directly from the found source. The feature is only useful for searching.
David

OK.. so I can download it and then I think I can drag and drop. So that's OK.. 
Jane