Author Topic: Help to decipher name please  (Read 220 times)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: Help to decipher name please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 02:54 GMT (UK) »
The book has no Author, or Authors, so I don't know who wrote it.
Odham press employed journalists.

There is only a foreword by H. V Moreton ( who used to work for them before he became a famous published travel writer)

It's just I find it very curious the date of the signature ( on front flyleaf) is so soon after the last printed entry in the book. It seems very quick to print, to the point of sale, unless it was a gift to someone who worked there at the press, or a gift to someone from a worker at the press.

It also seemed odd to me as there is a lack of Dear, To or from  - so I was leaning on the side that it wasn't a gift to him ,and J pleasence either bought it himself ( or herself) , which seems really fast publishing to sale,  or he worked at the press, hence why the narrow time frame of dates, which would make more sence to me.
( I over think things sometimes lol)

Thank you all for deciphering the name, it was looking like googly gook to me .
Kind regards :)
Purdy-Loughconnelly
McNeill-Loughconnelly & Broughshane
Graham -Derry,Ballymoney,Carrickfergus & Ballymena
White-Broughshane
Boyd-Ballymoney
Lloyd Llangfiangel ar arth(Pencader,Llainwen)
Roberts,Lloyd, Hopkin, Davies Carmarthenshire
Parker Oystermouth/Mumbles.
Carlsen (also called Carlson & Karlson )B in Former Russia (Finland) & Swansea S.Wales.
Butler family Llangyfelach (Clydach & Ynystawe)
Quarman Bitton & S.Wales

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help to decipher name please
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Just saw this and thought immediately that it is  "J Pleasence".
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.