Author Topic: Danos family in LaRose Louisiana in the 1930's  (Read 1075 times)

Offline BillyBowlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
  • William Augustus Bowles (1763-1805)
    • View Profile
Re: Danos family in LaRose Louisiana in the 1930's
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 February 19 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy...I gave it a go too.
Carl

That's a really beautiful job Carol and I thank you very much for doing it. I shared a couple of the other ones done earlier with family members on Facebook Messenger that I have not communicated with or seen for 50 years and they were absolutely ecstatic!

You folks are really wonderful for taking your precious time to repair these old family photos for so many people who lack your fabulous talent and skill. A couple of people I sent them to told me they brought back really wonderful memories of much happier and simpler times! What a valuable and loving thing it is that you do and it is such a selfless act on your part. You are all saints for restoring these old family photos for people to cherish forever. It looks so much better to have a nicely done family photo in your album than one where you can barely make out the faces of your loved ones who have passed on. What a treat for future generations. God Bless you!

Thanks again,

Billy
Lovelock - 2nd St. Pancras tree on the Lovelock Family Web site.
Woods family from Petersfield.

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 February 19 15:28 GMT (UK) »
My inlaws were from the similar communities of Pecan Island and Grand Chenier, Louisiana.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline BillyBowlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
  • William Augustus Bowles (1763-1805)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 February 19 15:32 GMT (UK) »
My in laws were from the similar communities of Pecan Island and Grand Chenier, Louisiana.

Thanks Erato. I certainly hope that you have had the opportunity to spend some time with those folks down there. They really get a lot of joy out of life and know how to enjoy it to the fullest.
Lovelock - 2nd St. Pancras tree on the Lovelock Family Web site.
Woods family from Petersfield.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 February 19 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy...I gave it a go too.
Carol

That's a really beautiful job Carol and I thank you very much for doing it. I shared a couple of the other ones done earlier with family members on Facebook Messenger that I have not communicated with or seen for 50 years and they were absolutely ecstatic!

You folks are really wonderful for taking your precious time to repair these old family photos for so many people who lack your fabulous talent and skill. A couple of people I sent them to told me they brought back really wonderful memories of much happier and simpler times! What a valuable and loving thing it is that you do and it is such a selfless act on your part. You are all saints for restoring these old family photos for people to cherish forever. It looks so much better to have a nicely done family photo in your album than one where you can barely make out the faces of your loved ones who have passed on. What a treat for future generations. God Bless you!

Thanks again,

Billy

Thanks Billy for such a lovely response...it's hobby that we all enjoy and bringing old memories back to life gives us great pleasure. I'm sure that I speak for all of us when I say that your appreciation for what we do makes our hobby all the more worthwhile  :-*

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU