Author Topic: Henry Lock  (Read 160 times)

Offline BourneGooner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Henry Lock
« on: Tuesday 29 January 19 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

Hoping someone can work their magic for me on this one. To be honest I'm not even sure what this is but am lead to believe it relates to Henry Lock.

Any help gratefully received.

BourneGooner

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Lock
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Itís a grant of administration for the estate of Henry Lock, as recorded in the act book for the diocese, implying that there was no valid will. The full date should be higher up the page, or on a preceding page.

ultimo die mens(is) p(re)d(icti) p(er) ven(erabi)lem
viru(m) Joh(ann)em Farmerie legu(m) d(o)c(t)orem
vicar(ium) in sp(irit)ualib(us) gen(era)lem &c in
p(rese)ntia Reg(ist)rij &c Com(m)issa fuit Adm(inistraci)o
bonoru(m) o(m)niu(m) &c Henrici Lock nup(er)
de Gretford def(uncti) Edmundo Roome
de ead(em) Cognato eiusd(em) def(uncti)
p(er)sonal(iter) prius iurat(o) salvo iure
cuiuscu(m)q(ue) &c

On the last day of the aforesaid month, by the Worshipful John Farmerie, Doctor of Laws, Vicar-General in spiritual matters, etc., in the presence of the Registrar etc., administration was granted of all the goods etc. of Henry Lock, lately of Greatford, deceased, to Edmund Roome of the same place, kinsman of the same deceased, he first having been sworn in person, saving the rights of whomsoever etc.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BourneGooner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Lock
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Yet again Bookbox I'm in your debt, you really are a star  :)

Thanks again

BourneGooner