Author Topic: I canít make this out, itís on the back of some army discharge papers I found  (Read 413 times)

Offline Puffin81

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I canít make this out, itís on the back of some army discharge papers I found
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all, as usual fantastic help

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Veteran
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: I canít make this out, itís on the back of some army discharge papers I found
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 January 19 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Would it be possible to post a complete image? The right side is not complete. The last word could be "detachment" (on detachment), and there is definitely the stroke of a letter after "flying"...

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 January 19 12:41 GMT (UK) »

About six months ago caught cold on detail
At crossmolina....

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 January 19 12:44 GMT (UK) »
About six months ago caught cold on detail
At crossmolina which was succeeded by flying
Off the chest...

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 January 19 13:46 GMT (UK) »
I was about to have a go at this, then read the previous posts and realised that there's nothing left to do!  Shanreagh's explanation of 'flying of the chest' was the final piece of the puzzle :D

I'll go and make myself useful elsewhere for now ;D

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 January 19 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Spoke too soon ::)

I believe 'discovered by flying' should read 'succeeded by flying' meaning that he caught cold and then developed the chest problems.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 31 January 19 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Didn't read all the posts!   ;D