Author Topic: Can't find my French ancestors in France (Chevreau)  (Read 7076 times)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find my French ancestors in France (Chevreau)
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 11:18 BST (UK) »
Possible birth of Robert Loride  29 nov 1694 in Sainte Scolasse
You will notice that the Christian name of the baby is not written : ... Loride son of Claude and Charlotte Le sergeant. I found many baptism "acts" without any Christian name for the baby . The priest did not write in the register during the baptism , sometimes he wrote down one or several baptisms , marriages or burials and forgot the name that was given to the baby .
I could not not find Robert's in the registers , which allows us to think that this one could be his.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline valeriet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 19:51 BST (UK) »
I must keep on working on the HUREL and RADIGOIS trees .

I am still trying to find Marie Marguerite Dupuy but there are so many of Marie Marguerite Dupuy that I am afraid it will be impossible if you don't have any clues .

She seems a mystery. There was talk that she was originally a nun who left the nunnery for a relationship but I have no idea how true that is.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: Thursday 18 April 19 06:57 BST (UK) »
I' am afraid that the story of the nun is of no help.
May be she was a "novice" and decided that she 'd rather not become a nun. A novice can change her mind within at least 2 years before becoming a nun.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: Thursday 18 April 19 07:03 BST (UK) »
5 april 1694 death jean Boudin , 60 years'old , buried in Ste Scolasse , from the parish of Bures .

Offline valeriet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: Thursday 18 April 19 11:28 BST (UK) »
I' am afraid that the story of the nun is of no help.
May be she was a "novice" and decided that she 'd rather not become a nun. A novice can change her mind within at least 2 years before becoming a nun.
Yes that's a possibility. What kind of information would be helpful do you think?

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: Thursday 18 April 19 12:32 BST (UK) »
The name of a village , town, city where she lived . It is easy to find "when" if you know "where" .
The contrary is impossible because there are more than  36 000 villages and towns in France.

I almost finished working on the Hurel and Radigois trees. Then I will search in the places where Georges Gustave's brother lived (I have a list of places where he worked on his military fiche).Maybe he was living with his brother and met Marie Marguerite there.
Leon Victor Alphège never married , he was a bachelor when he died in 1904, he was a miller like his father. The sister died soon after her birth.

Georges Gustave's marriage can't be found on Filae  ( I also asked for help  on the "helping hands "forum) or Geneanet .

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: Saturday 20 April 19 07:56 BST (UK) »
I found a Robert LORIDE born 10 march 1686 to Claude Loride and Charlotte Lesergeant, godfather Robert Lesage priest of Sainte Scolasse and godmother Françoise Moulin (the godmother is in the Hurel tree ( I'll send it when I have finished), mother of Michel Radigois)

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: Saturday 20 April 19 08:47 BST (UK) »
birth Michel RADIGOIS 1725 Sta Scolasse to Michel and Anne CHORAN godfather Marin Radigois and godmother Michele Radigois, could not sign

Offline joger

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: Saturday 20 April 19 08:56 BST (UK) »
Marriage Claude Loride approximately 26 ( son of Charles Lesergeant and Elisabeth LEVESQUE) and Charlotte LE SERGEANT approximatly 21 ( daughter of Félix  Le sergent and Marie LAPRON)  30 july 1682 in Ste Scolasse