Author Topic: st annes soho westminster marriage 19 feb 1826  (Read 2083 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: st annes soho westminster marriage 19 feb 1826
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 January 19 13:54 GMT (UK) »
There is a Ann CUNDELL christened 10 January 1803 St James, Westminster to WILLIAM/MARY
Siblings;
CHARLOTTE 1796
WILLIAM 1798
THOMAS 1800
BARBARA 1805
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 January 19 18:17 GMT (UK) »
I have a different 1841 Census I think than you bbart?

1841 Census
St Pancras, Middlesex
James Gibson, 40, Pr0fessor of Pianoforte, born Scotland
Elizabeth Gibson, 30, not born in County
WILLIAM Gibson, 15****
Robert Gibson, 8
Thomas Gibson, 6
James Gibson, 4
Barbara Shepherd, 30, Laundress
Henry Shepherd, 6
Margaret Witteman, 25, Dressmaker
Esther Ashbournne, 35, Servant

Trish :)

Thank goodness!  The one I posted wasn't sitting right with me, especially when the 1851 had children over ten, and occupation was simply "musician" and nothing fancier.

I have checked mmn for the youngest children, and it looks like Elizabeth was nee Shepherd.

Thanks again, and if it is not too late for me to modify that post, I shall point out it is wrong.  :)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 January 19 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Aha!  Even though it is just banns, they use the "so and so were married on whatever date", as now I see a second image for 01 Mar.

Are you perhaps looking at a very unclear image of the bishop's transcript?

The parish register itself (on another site) clearly shows the marriage on this sixth Day of March.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 January 19 22:01 GMT (UK) »

Are you perhaps looking at a very unclear image of the bishop's transcript?

The parish register itself (on another site) clearly shows the marriage on this sixth Day of March.

I think this is exactly what happened.  I didn't find the register you mention, but I did find a clear(er) list of banns dates, the last being 05 Mar.  The name of whoever read the banns looks different than the person that married them.... I would have thought it would have been the same person?

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 January 19 22:45 GMT (UK) »
I didn't find the register you mention, but I did find a clear(er) list of banns dates, the last being 05 Mar.  The name of whoever read the banns looks different than the person that married them.... I would have thought it would have been the same person?

I think the banns would be read by whoever happened to be taking the service on each of the relevant Sundays, not necessarily the Rector.

Incidentally, Roderick McLeod, who performed the marriage, was a well-known local figure, Rector of St Anne Soho for nearly 40 years, 1806-1845 (according to J. D. Cardwell, Two Centuries of Soho: its Institutions, Firms and Amusements, London, 1898, p. 9).

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 February 19 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, Bookbox.  Now that you point out the name McLeod, I can make that out on the snippet I posted.  I would have never gotten it by just looking (squinting) at mine.
 :)

Offline giblaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 23:08 GMT (UK) »
 :)thank you bbart & trish I do have all the information you have both posted also James Gibson being Scottish I think he may have been born in St Cuthberts Edinburgh circa 1801 I guess the main problem for my research before I can move on is the confirmation that Ann Cundell is the mother of William Ignatius b. 1826 Marylebone London his siblings were born to Elizabeth anne shepherd but once again have not been able to find a marriage to james Gibson so any help on this marriage would be great. so appreciative of your help chris (giblaw)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 February 19 12:29 GMT (UK) »
I cant see a Marriage but Elizabeth Bapt 1809 and Sister Barbara Bapt 1804 are on Free REG in Little Walsingham, Norfolk, Parents JOHN/ANN nee Sizeland.

1871 Barbara Sheppard, 66 (1805) Norfolk is with her Son Henry and Family in St Pancras.

Dont worry about it bbart, I have made plenty of errors on here! The point is we all work together to find a solution :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)