Author Topic: Missing from 1861 census?  (Read 728 times)

Offline england100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing from 1861 census?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 30 March 19 13:16 GMT (UK) »
hi,  Could this be Ellen.  Living in Ladderage.  staffordshire

1861  Helen Dale 33, she is house keeper to my gt gt grandfather Joseph Bratt and his son Thomas

1871  Ralph hollinshead 30 thomas hollinshead 39 and their widowed sister Ellen Dale have my grandfater Joseph bratt living with them.

if this is them and you know any relationship betwwen them and Joseph I'd love to know.

Thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 30 March 19 15:16 GMT (UK) »
hi,  Could this be Ellen.  Living in Ladderage.  staffordshire

1861  Helen Dale 33, she is house keeper to my gt gt grandfather Joseph Bratt and his son Thomas

1871  Ralph hollinshead 30 thomas hollinshead 39 and their widowed sister Ellen Dale have my grandfater Joseph bratt living with them.

if this is them and you know any relationship betwwen them and Joseph I'd love to know.

For info. this is the reference number for the above 1861 census on Anc*y 
RG 9; Piece: 1945; Folio: 18; Page: 30 and Helen's surname has been transcribed as DALO

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 April 19 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hello! I totally missed this, I'm sorry! Its seems likely this is my Ellen/Helen. When I went on FindMyPast it doesnt show up for some reason, but its definitely her with her brother Ralph in 1871.

I am related to the Bratt/Bretts from Trentham, Staffs. Any link?

Tom
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.

Offline england100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 13 April 19 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm also related from the Bratts, but my line traces back to Horton leek  in 1804. They seem to have lived in Ladderage, brown edge, Endon, Milton before some  moved to Burslem. Not saying some could have lived in Trentham but not found any link there yet.

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 13 April 19 14:42 BST (UK) »
My Bratts were from malpas in Cheshire going really far back.

Tom
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.