Author Topic: Need another set of eyes to date and identify person in photos - Moore/Sandford  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need another set of eyes to date and identify person in photos - Moore/Sandford
« Reply #36 on: Monday 04 February 19 23:17 GMT (UK) »
I read it as Mother & You...this may suggest that it was maybe written by a sibling of the young girl.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need another set of eyes to date and identify person in photos - Moore/Sandford
« Reply #37 on: Monday 04 February 19 23:23 GMT (UK) »
I'm coming down on the side of Mother and Gran but not sure. If she was using the formal 'mother', then maybe she would use the more formal 'grandmother'.

:-\

PS could even be late 1910s into the 20s.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 04 February 19 23:29 GMT (UK) »
:) :) :)   Aah . . .  but does it inspire you to label/name all your current photos?   ;D

I am trying to! 

Wiggy

It does indeed!  ;D ;D ;D
MOORE, LAW, SANDFORD, DELANEY

Online shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 04:09 GMT (UK) »
By way of a diversion just looking at the 1871 England census (Rickmansworth) and see that Fenton married the daughter of his landlord, Mary Anne Sandford.

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 04:32 GMT (UK) »
By way of a diversion just looking at the 1871 England census (Rickmansworth) and see that Fenton married the daughter of his landlord, Mary Anne Sandford.

Yes, he did. Made me so happy to find that records as both of their father's (as well as Fenton) worked for the Ordnance Survey. Since Fenton lived with the Sandfords, it made me happy the two father's knew each other and were perhaps even friends. :)

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 05:05 GMT (UK) »
I read it as Mother & You...this may suggest that it was maybe written by a sibling of the young girl.
Carol

My thought too Carol :)

Online shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Carol

My thought too Carol :)

'However', 'but' and all those qualifying words.... the thing to do is to suspend judgement for the moment and see what fits when you try the two options that have been suggested.
Mother and gran  written by child of mother and grandchild of gran (potentially three generations being written about
or
Mother and you
Written by sibling of you about their shared mother (potentially two generations)

Then Edwardian is another clue 1901 – 1910
So a child aged 5-6 to my eyes and a mother 30-35 to my eyes.

I would not try to combine yet just keep them as three different sets of clues for a while. 

Also on the wee boy in the 1860s apx photo.  Perhaps he is paralysed or lost an arm.  Have you found any 1860s family events that make sitting for a photograph a noteworthy idea? The move south?

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 22:24 GMT (UK) »
This isn't as early as 1901. Late Edwardian is the start point but could easily be later & as has been suggested as late as 1920.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Do any censuses your family appears in mention anyone with a disability?