Author Topic: Trying to find my grans grave  (Read 2853 times)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find my grans grave
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 February 19 08:51 GMT (UK) »
You can get a .pdf of it for £6 from https://www.gro.gov.uk until 16 Feb when it goes up to £7. If you get one do let us know the information it contains.

You cannot get a PDF for a 1964 death, it only goes to 1957.  Paper copies will also be increasing in price
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 February 19 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Oh sorry, didn't know that  :-[ :-[, but still worth deciding whether to get the certificate soon before the prices go up.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline findmygran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 February 19 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi thank you. Looked at the PDFs last night and realised it didn't cover the date. Will apply for paper copy. Thanks again for info  :)

Offline findmygran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 February 19 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, does anyone know Why there would be no buriel record?

I think Ive located the Church, St Mary's in Ecclesfield, but no record of her buriel.

I believe she may have been buried in an unmarked grave...would this make a difference to finding her.

Thank you

Offline Dalum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 April 19 23:29 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast lists the burial of Winifred SELF aged 49 in Ecclesfield Cemetery on the last day of 1964.

Reading the notes at https://www.stmarysecclesfield.com/History/Churchyard_Burials.html it seems part of this cemetery is assigned to St Mary's (just across the road) while the rest is a municipal cemetery. The above website has excellent indexes for the St Mary's section but I could not find Winifred SELF listed there, so she is most likely buried in the municipal part.

Contact details for Bereavement Services in Sheffield can be found on this site: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/births-deaths-marriages/cemeteries-burials

Sheffield Archives hold the burial registers for Ecclesfield Cemetery (including indexes and grave books) up to 1996. Both they and Bereavement Services can probably supply detailed plot plans.

This site has Archives contact details and a downloadable list of cemetery records:
https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/libraries-archives/access-archives-local-studies-library/collections/cemetery-registers

Hugh
Sheffield look-ups, Cemeteries etc

UK census data is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 13 April 19 23:03 BST (UK) »
Ecclesfield cemetery

General section - Graves numbered in this section are numbers 360 to 2114 (Main centre largest area field, middle towards the far end of cemetery)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grave burial book register

First name - Winifred - Surname - Self aged 49 at death.

Lived at abode of 68, Margetson Crescent, Ecclesfield and was also the deceased's place of death
address.

Burial date December 31st 1964

Entry number 2304

Grave number 1377 in consecrated ground

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 April 19 12:37 BST (UK) »
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 April 19 22:12 BST (UK) »

Link to photo of Winifred's grave location

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=811533.new#new

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 20:13 BST (UK) »
Just to let you all know, - OP member 'findmygran' P M'd me to thank all members who helped find this new members requested info.

:)