Author Topic: St Gregory the Great Church at Morville  (Read 222 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Gregory the Great Church at Morville
« on: Saturday 02 February 19 18:06 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to establish details for a Judith / Judeth Smith or Smyth who was christened at St Gregory the Great Church at Morville nr Bridgnorth in circa 1610, any idea where I can access the records please.. she later married a William Burrowes and a William Baillie and was buried in St Leonards Bridgnorth.. a bit Deja -vu been here before with this one..   

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Gregory the Great Church at Morville
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 February 19 09:17 GMT (UK) »
here you go - it was 1603 - father Robert

Name    Judith Smith
Gender    Female
Christening Date    03 Jul 1603
Christening Date (Original)    03 JUL 1603
Christening Place    MORVILLE,SHROPSHIRE,ENGLAND
Father's Name    Roberti Smith

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&localeSubcountryName=Shropshire&query=%2Bgivenname%3Ajudith~%20%2Bsurname%3Asmith~%20%2Bbirth_place%3Abridgenorth~%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1600-1620~%20%2Brecord_country%3AEngland%20%2Brecord_subcountry%3A%22England%2CShropshire%22
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Gregory the Great Church at Morville
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 February 19 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that she has been shrouded in uncertainty I will  try now to find her mother, I think the Smith's had something to do with Morville Hall in the village so will see what I can find, again many thanks...