Author Topic: Janet Donaldson & Alexander Donaldson (Brodie) c 1811 Peebles, Peeblesshire  (Read 1584 times)

Offline alastair_banks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Australia Capital Territory, Australia
    • View Profile
A couple of christenings of interest to me:

Janet Donaldson, natural daughter of Janet Donaldson was born on the 24th July 1802 and baptized on the 24th March 1811 by the Revd Dr John Lee.

Alexander Donaldson, natural son of the said Janet Donaldson was born on the 25th March 1805 and baptized on the 24th March 1811 by the Revd Dr John Lee, Minr Peebles.

If anyone happens to have access to the Kirk Session Records for Peebles Parish, I'd appreciate if they could have a look for any references to these two births.

I suspect that Alexander is the son of John Brodie & Alison Logan (John christened 9 Jan 1785, son of John Brodie, smith in Shortlandend near Temple Bar. John Brodie married Margaret Thorburn and died 1860 in Rutherford Villa, Linton).

Alexander Brodie of Linton Parish and Martha Hastings (Hastie) marry in Westruther on 12 Apr 1835. In each of the 1851, 1861 and 1871 census, Alexander's birthplace is given as Peebeles, Peeblesshire.
BANKS, DOULL, BAIN, MILLIE, MURRAY, JACKSON, MOCHRIE, FISHER, RIACH, ANDERSON, PATERSON, CATTANACH, BRODIE, HASTIE, MACLEAN, FINLAYSON

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Donaldson & Alexander Donaldson (Brodie) c 1811 Peebles, Peeblesshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 June 21 11:03 BST (UK) »

If anyone happens to have access to the Kirk Session Records for Peebles Parish, I'd appreciate if they could have a look for any references to these two births.

I'm not sure if you are aware the Kirk Session Records are now on https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk including Peebles. Free to search.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline alastair_banks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Australia Capital Territory, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Donaldson & Alexander Donaldson (Brodie) c 1811 Peebles, Peeblesshire
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 June 21 11:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Colin

Yes, had a browse through them.

Lots of compearing relating to ex-nuptal births in Peebles.

Just got to find the right one.
BANKS, DOULL, BAIN, MILLIE, MURRAY, JACKSON, MOCHRIE, FISHER, RIACH, ANDERSON, PATERSON, CATTANACH, BRODIE, HASTIE, MACLEAN, FINLAYSON