Author Topic: William Burroughs and Judith Smith  (Read 228 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Burroughs and Judith Smith
« on: Monday 04 February 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »
William Burrowes and Judith Smith were married on 13/11/1631 at St Thomas Church in Dudley, Dudley was transferred into Staffordshire in the 1960's then into the West Midlands but was prior to that in Worcestershire I understand !! so if I want to obtain a copy of the wedding details any idea where I go ? would St Thomas be in the Worcester Diocese ? also what information is likely to be on any record ?
Any direction appreciated...     

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Burroughs and Judith Smith
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 February 19 12:45 GMT (UK) »
I believe that the parish records are held at Dudley Archives - so TNA tells me.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Burroughs and Judith Smith
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 February 19 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you will see how I get on...