Author Topic: American Civil War Assistance  (Read 61 times)

Offline BingoBuster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
American Civil War Assistance
« on: Monday 04 February 19 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone!

Hope this is the correct forum and would appreciate it anyone could assist if possible. I'm trying to find any information on two of my ancestors  who appeared to have signed up and registered for service. Their names are Sylvester (abt 1831) and Francis Mahan (about 1836) from Pennsylvania.

I was only able to find this record enclosed with their names. I know their brother, Charles T. Mahan (1830 - 1863) served in the 114th Regiment, Pennsylvania Infantry and died at Chancellorsville but didn't see anything on them specifically just in case. I was hoping to see if there was any way to go off their recruitment records only and see if I could at least get a general direction to go in terms of their regiment or where they may have ended up.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: American Civil War Assistance
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 February 19 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried poking around here:

http://www.pacivilwar.com/

Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BingoBuster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: American Civil War Assistance
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 February 19 20:10 GMT (UK) »
I cross referenced on the information i have and it only showed a few similar named men, but their enlistment dates were earlier. Guess it's too vague to get any concrete information just based off of the draft. Thank you for the reference though!