Author Topic: Anne Eliza FROST 1861/1871 b. derby. Look up please  (Read 1757 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Eliza FROST 1861/1871 b. derby. Look up please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 August 05 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Nothing for them in 1851. Looking at the childrens ages it looks like they arrived in Derby between 1852-1854.

Have fun ;D

Sunflower
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline niseone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 August 05 23:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for your help Sunflower, so, it looks as if I need to try Sheffield now then.

I really can't tell you how helpful you have been, how I wish my in - laws were still alive to share it with...

Yes, it is fun isn't it.. ::)

Best regards,
 Denise
SPEAR, Liverpool
WILLIAMS, LIverpool,Poole Dorset
BURCHEL,Liv
STEVENS,Liv
TAYLOR,TURNER,HOLMAN,GILES,ASHELFORD,CONYBEER,(Bridgwater,Somerset), BLAKE,( Clayhanger, Devon)
WENNBERG, Norway/Sweden

Offline Chris 2006

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise

I've spent some time working out this family tree - here's what I've come up with.

I'm not sure which Thomas you are looking for.

Two of Thomas and Eliza Frost's grandsons were called Thomas Frost, both born about 1875

Thomas Frost ( born c1875) was the son of Walter Frost (Born c 1852) This one moved to Leicester with his Grandparents between 1881 and 1891.  <I haven't found Walter's wife's name yet>

Thomas Alexander Frost (born c1875) was the son of Thomas Frost (born c 1854) and Adelaide Frost.  Thomas Alexander Frost and his brother Ernest W Frost continued in the family pork butcher's business in Derby which was still going in the 1940s.

It's easy to get confused by the 1881 census.  John Thomas Frost and his wife Adeliza Frost (who were living with John's parents Thomas and Eliza at the time) had two children by 1881 - Annie Eliza Frost born 1877 and John Sydney Frost  born 1880.  John and Adeliza were married in 1876 in Nottingham (The IGI is incorrect).  Annie Eliza Frost born 1877 married in 1902 but had no children.

There is also another Annie Eliza Frost (or in some sources Ann Eliza Frost) born c1857 daughter of Thomas and Eliza.

Chris

Offline niseone

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 April 06 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

Please forgive delay in replying to this info, which has made me relook at my tree as I had put it 'to bed' for a while to reasearch others...

You have confirmed some of the info I had found.

It looks as if my Thomas was the son of Walter and Mary Anne Flixon, I now have his birth(1875) and their marriage ((1873) certs, Walters parents were Thomas& Eliza Frost.....and yes, Leicester is right. I had some help from a Nick Young on Genes Reunited, who is decended from George L, son of John and Adeliza..

Interesting how the names are repeated, but can be confusing too!..my father-in-law was William Ernest..his brother Walter( first born).

Are you looking at this family out of interest or are you related too?

Am only back as far as 1861 so if you find anything further I would love to know...

Thanks so much
Denise   :)
SPEAR, Liverpool
WILLIAMS, LIverpool,Poole Dorset
BURCHEL,Liv
STEVENS,Liv
TAYLOR,TURNER,HOLMAN,GILES,ASHELFORD,CONYBEER,(Bridgwater,Somerset), BLAKE,( Clayhanger, Devon)
WENNBERG, Norway/Sweden