Author Topic: Frances Rodd who married Roger Hereford by 1632-3  (Read 1232 times)

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frances Rodd who married Roger Hereford by 1632-3
« on: Tuesday 05 February 19 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hereforders

I am new to this county and finding the going tough. There seems to be a lot of gaps in the records. I'm trying to find the parents of Frances Rodd. Supposedly she was born about 1611 and married into the Hereford Family of Sufton Court Mordiford. Find A Grave says she died in 1689 but have no photo of her tomb.

Her father is said to be James Rodd but I have not found any real proof of this and there seems to be quite a few James Rodds in Herefordshire. I have looked at as many wills or will abstracts as I can find but no mention of Frances Rodd or Frances Hereford.

It seems I will not be able to get a copy of a will if I find one as Herefordshire Archives do not deal with people outside the UK. At least that's how I read their website. Let me know if I have misunderstood. Will I have to employ someone in the UK to obtain for me?

Does anyone have any information about Frances' baptism or marriage? The indexes I have consulted (FindMyPast & Family Search) have no record of her.

Thanks for reading.
Venelow

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Rodd who married Roger Hereford by 1632-3
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 16:49 GMT (UK) »
I notice a Frances Hereford of fownhope, not far from Mordiford probated 26-3-1690 in Hereford archives wills index.

I see they offer to send copies by email, quite how you pay in uk£ I’m not sure.
Mike

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Yes Mike, that was what was puzzling me.

It sounds as if they will only deal with requests from people who live in the UK. Either hard copy by snail mail or a pdf by email. 

That will you mentioned is among some I would like to see. Unfortunately I have found no abstract of it on-line.

Venelow

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 05:15 GMT (UK) »
https://gw.geneanet.org/pfdavet1950?n=rodd&oc=&p=frances
married 1628
contact the tree owner
added
another tree owner has this
Burial in
Holy Rood Church, Mordiford, Herefordshire (Angleterre)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 05:23 GMT (UK) »
another tree
https://gw.geneanet.org/frebault?n=rodd&oc=&p=frances

https://gw.geneanet.org/frebault?lang=en&pz=henri&nz=frebault&m=D&p=frances&n=rodd&siblings=on&notes=on&t=T&v=6&image=on&marriage=on&full=on

how interesting - Frances and Rogers son Roger Herefords descendant married in to French Royalty ... The Marquis De Courtebonne
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 February 19 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Garstonite

Thanks for those links. I looked at them as far as the site would allow without locking me out. One tree states that the couple were married at Mordiford in 1628 (no day or month given). None of them had information on the father of Frances.

However thank you for bringing my attention to that site. I had not seen it before.

Venelow
Canada

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 February 19 17:19 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome - so are you descended from The Marquis De Courtebonne ?    are you the Comtessa De Venelow ?....lol

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 February 19 18:35 GMT (UK) »
No, Garsonite, not French Royalty. However the Hereford line does have a link further back to Edward III. So the the Courtbonne descendants of Roger Hereford and Antoinette Mollien are also descended from Edward III

But none of these people are my ancestors. Asking for a friend.

Venelow (pleb)