Author Topic: Mysterious O'Driscoll  (Read 6488 times)

Offline Sue 1954

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious O'Driscoll
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 22:21 GMT (UK) »
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. I will come back to this tomorrow in the hope I can clear my mind as it's such a difficult topic. Thanks xx

Offline Sue 1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 21 February 19 20:56 GMT (UK) »
For reference-
William Driscoll born 1909 Kilblafer- LINK
Thank you I have his birth certificate as, William born 26 July 1909 at Kilblafer, father William Driscoll and mother Mary Driscoll, nee Driscoll.

Offline Sue 1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 21 February 19 21:25 GMT (UK) »
ok this is what I have. If anyone wants to see the full details please let me know. The attached is the wording from the grave but the details (apart from my grandfathers) are incorrect so ages are approximate. There is a reason for the letters in brackets.
John OD (E) marriage cert, death cert, census 1911 married Hanorah Leary (F) marriage cert, death cert, 1911 census. Neither on 1901 census

Children of above

William (N) birth cert, marr cert, death cert, 1911 census, not on 1901 census

Daniel (O) marr cert, death cert not on any census

Michael (P) death cert, inquest murdered not on any census

John (Q) nothing known on this son only rough age from grave

Patrick (R) birth cert, marr cert, death cert, army details, 1911 census, not on 1901 census

James (S) nothing known on this son only rough age from grave

Jeremiah (T) birth cert, marr cert, death details, 1911 census, not on 1901 census

Mary (U) rough age from grave, marr cert, death cert, not on any census

So this covers John and Hanorah O'Driscoll and their 7 sons and 1 daughter. Finding any of them on census would be great or better still finding the births of those listing above as unknown.

Any help appreciated and my apologies for not getting back sooner but I've had a horrible virus.

Thank you everyone

Offline Roisin17

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 08 December 19 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
I only registered on this site and am doing my family tree. Mary Driscoll was my greatgrandmother. My mam's dad was John O'Driscoll. My mam says it was his Uncle Jerry (Jeremiah) who put in the O.
I would love to share my findings with you. My mam has loads of information about her dads relatives if you need to know anything i can ask her.

Teresa Rose

Offline Sue 1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 08 December 19 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
I only registered on this site and am doing my family tree. Mary Driscoll was my greatgrandmother. My mam's dad was John O'Driscoll. My mam says it was his Uncle Jerry (Jeremiah) who put in the O.
I would love to share my findings with you. My mam has loads of information about her dads relatives if you need to know anything i can ask her.

Teresa Rose

Hi Teresa
Are you able to send me your email address via the message link as I’d love to contact you and give you what information I have? Thanks
Sue

Offline Sue 1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 08 December 19 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

Teresa Rose

Hi Teresa
Are you able to send me your email address via the message link as I’d love to contact you and give you what information I have? Thanks
Sue
Teresa I’ve sent you a personal message 😊