Author Topic: FAMILY NAMES - Berrigan, Oreilly, O'Reilly, O'Rahilly or Reilly  (Read 6514 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FAMILY NAMES - Berrigan, Oreilly, O'Reilly, O'Rahilly or Reilly
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 07 February 19 17:52 GMT (UK) »
I also looked through the records for Edward Bergin and Bridget O'Mara/O'Meara/Mara/Maher, parents of Ellen Bergin born 28 March 1895. Also records for their children, hoping to find an O'Reilly as an informant on the records. But I didn't. I have their information, if it turns out that they are the right family or if you want it.

---------------
Edward Bergin (c 1871, Kilkenny - )
              d ? 2 March 1961, St Luke's Hospital, Kilkenny, 91, widower, retired builder's laborer, informant: Oliver O'Hare, St Lukes
             1901 House 5 in Farmley (Burnchurch, Kilkenny)
             1911 house 14 Ennisnag (Ennisnag, Kilkenny)
              http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kilkenny/Ennisnag/Ennisnag/531145/
      + Bridget Mara/O'Meara/Maher (c 1872, Kilkenny - )
                 d ? 13 June 1915, Glountha, Thomastown RD, 42, married, laborer, informant Edward Bergin, Glountha, no relation stated, present at death)
                 d ?16 April 1949, Callan, age 72, widow, informant son James "dwells at Callan?")

Children:
    -  Pierce Bergin (8 August 1893, Coolbricken, Kilkenny RD, informant: the mother
    -  Ellen Bergin (28 March 1895, Seville Lodge, Kilkenny RD, informant Margaret Veall, Black Mill St
   1911: cook, private family High Street Kilkenny
    -  Bridget Bergin (23 October 1896, Seville Lodge, Kilkenny RD, informant Margaret Veall, Black Mill St
   1911: maid, private family High Street Kilkenny
   marriage or marriage not found in Kilkenny, Callan, or Thomastown, 1915 - 1999   
    -  Margaret Bergin (7 December 1898, Barrack St, Kilkenny RD, informant: the mother
   1911: with parents
    -  James Bergin (24 November 1900, Farmley, Callan RD, informant: the mother
    -  Mary (10 December 1902, Farmley, Callan RD, informant: the mother
    -  Edward/Edmond Bergin (23 February 1905, Farmley, informant Margaret Holden, Bridge Street, Callan, present at birth, Callan RD
     - Kathleen Bergin (24 February 1908, Jail St, Kilkenny RD, informant: the mother
     - Patrick Berrigan (11 May 1910, Glountha, Thomastown RD, informant: Mary Murphy, farmer somewhere

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 28 May 22 10:34 BST (UK) »
I have an apology to make to everyone who contributed to this discussion.  Some of the information on James O'Reilly isn't right.  He was born in Dunmore or Tuam, Galway but married Ellen who did come from Kilkenny. I have searched for his siblings, one Maureen died in 1946 age 20-21 and have found her in New Rahoon Cemetery, Galway.  That hasn't helped with my search for her brother though.
There are some photo's on Ancestry of Ellen Berrigan but I don't have a subscription to Ancestry so can't confirm that this is the right person.
McMullen, Gleave, Kelly, Scholes, Mather, Phillips, Lock

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:11 BST (UK) »
Is this Maureen’s death?

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1947/04587/4213830.pdf

If James was born c 1880, then it is doubtful that Maureen would be his sister  :-\

Where did that information come from?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:25 BST (UK) »
No sorry, the father of James Riley has the same name but I am looking for the younger James.  I believe he was b.1921, the youngest of the children including Thomas, Patrick, Maureen and Helen.

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:29 BST (UK) »
I have found a page on Family Search which I believe is the right family but not much info. I emailed the name of person who added it but no reply as yet.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/G4HR-HRK

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:35 BST (UK) »
No sorry, the father of James Riley has the same name but I am looking for the younger James.  I believe he was b.1921, the youngest of the children including Thomas, Patrick, Maureen and Helen.

The Maureen who died had a father Edward.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:40 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for these people for a friend.  Her grandmother was Ellen Berrigan, the only date I have is she died in Kilkenny around 1980 at the age of 90.  Grandfather James Reilly went to Boston and died there but as they had all those children it must have been after the war.

Me again, sorry.
So you are saying that James Reilly and Ellen Berrigan are parents of James b 1920 ish? Is that right?
Did Ellen Berrigan who died around 1980 due as Berrigan or O’Reilly/Reilly?

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:44 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's right.  It gets confusing with the father and son with same name!!  Ellen Berrigan was married to the older. :-[

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 28 May 22 11:50 BST (UK) »
Ok. That would discount the death of Maureen then.

I have tried going over the thread but got a bit lost.

Were all these children below born in Ireland? They would be the children of James Reilly and Ellen Berrigan?