Author Topic: mixed up Bura or Buria / Hackett Leicester to Canada  (Read 518 times)

Offline Xinia :)

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • STATIC AVATAR
    • View Profile
Re: mixed up Bura or Buria / Hackett Leicester to Canada
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 07 February 19 20:02 GMT (UK) »
I am browsing the newspapers...

for anything Hackett

xin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 08 February 19 10:55 GMT (UK) »

Sadly we haven't found an obituary for Joan who passed away (probably 1990's) a short time before Alex. In reply 60 I speculate that the red markings next to the name of Maurice in 1951 may have been NHS references, so I strongly think that was the case and something may have happened to Maurice in 1951.  Apparently there are lots of references on the 1939 records that we might never know what they refer to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25bGiXLo8Yk

Received a lovely message from Canada with background info on the Bura family which I will pass to Xinia.  Would like to take the opportunity to thank the lady in Canada for the time she has spent trying to help us out on this one.  Thanks also to RK for the help with obituaries etc.,

I'm sure if anyone finds anything else on Joan or Maurice it will be added here at some stage but for now we have drawn a blank.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Xinia :)

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • STATIC AVATAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 08 February 19 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Sandra and anyone else who helped on this THANKYOU

absolutely brilliant cannot praise people enough for giving so much assistance.

bless you

and what fantastic information from Canada.

xin