Author Topic: Trying to trace the history of my Great Uncle (Charles William Olsen) Hull  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace the history of my Great Uncle (Charles William Olsen) Hull
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 23 February 19 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linney....I wondered if you had sent for the 1980 death Certificate?

I wonder if he left Hull and went to sea or joined the army after his Mother died and that's why he doesn't show up on the 1939 register?

Did he change his name to Thackray or Sissons?

Did any of the Thackray family take him in?

Was he adopted?

Other related posts:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=808267.0

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=808272.0

Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline linney2019

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 23 February 19 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Carol,
It is lovely to hear from you and Samantha and the reason you didn't see us last week was that we weren't getting anywhere in that direction - but well another - on Mum's side, we have. We have found Mum's family in Ohio, Cleveland and it is a revelation for us - and for them. I will explain more when we see you, which we will. It is very exciting as Mum's Grandmother was widowed when young. She remarried and with her new husband, took her youngest daughters and moved to America. My Grandma could not go as she was older and married. Anyway, with regard to Charles William Olsen - we had wondered if he had gone to sea - or in fact, gone abroad and had intended to check passenger lists - but will take a while, unless it is indeed 1923 - the year she died - he would have been thirteen/fourteen. Definitely worth checking out though. Thank you Carol and if you do come up with any other ideas - we'd love to hear and we will definitely see you in Hull soon. Lynne and Samantha

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 23 February 19 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynne and Samantha....that must have been a real thrill for you both. I look forward to hearing all about it next week.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU