Author Topic: Raven/Holmes/Mitchell  (Read 795 times)

Offline wendy67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Raven/Holmes/Mitchell
« on: Saturday 13 August 05 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I am looking for information on a Samuel James Raven. Born 1876 in Lowestoft. Mother Martha married Henry Mitchell and moved to Hedworth Monkton and Yarrow, Durham 1891 census shows this.

Samuel Raven or Mitchell (seems to go by either surname) married my great grandmother around 1897, but then Married Elizabeth Holmes (widow) around 1919 they had a son Jimmy Raven. Elizabeth already had 3 children form previous marriage, she was a widow, I believe her maiden name was Richadison. Olive, Bella and John. In 1927 Elizabeth Holmes was living in Chester-Le-Street, Elizabeth Holmes I believe reverted back to her Previous name(and son I believe) due to the fact that my GG grandfather forgot to divorce his first wife before he married his second

If anyone has any information on this family I would love to hear from them, I have letters written from Elizabeth to my GG grandmother which makes terrific historical reading.

Howlett-Norfolk, Suffolk. Coleman-Suffolk. Raven-Suffolk, Northumberland, Michigan USA.