Author Topic: Does having the same 4 x great grandparents 3 times effect my DNA matches?  (Read 481 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Does having the same 4 x great grandparents 3 times effect my DNA matches?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 February 19 16:00 GMT (UK) »
RT has given the cMs for the cousin matches that aren't double matches, Roger, so they'd be similar to 3-4th cousin matches. However, if the link was via the 4xgrts (James and Ann), I would think that they would show as 5th cousins   or with removes :-\

Match info for those who only have a single line of descendent from James and Ann:-
Match 1 - shared cMs me = 71, my sister = 114, predicted relationship for me = 4th cousin and for my sister = 3rd cousin, actual relationship = 3rd cousin twice removed, James and Ann relationship = 2 x great grandparents
Match 2 - shared cMs me = 48, my sister = 55, predicted relationship for both of us = 4th cousin, actual relationship = 3rd cousin twice removed, James and Ann relationship = 2 x great grandparents
Match 3 - shared cMs me = 33, my sister = 54, pred. rel. for us both = 4th cousin, act. rel. = 4th cousin once removed, James and Ann rel. = 3 x great grandparents
Match 4 - shared cMs me = 51, my sister = 39, pred. rel. both = 4th cousin, act. rel. = 4th cousin once removed, James and Ann rel. = 3 x great grandparents
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Does having the same 4 x great grandparents 3 times effect my DNA matches?
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 February 19 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Highly variable even between siblings Gadget.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.