Author Topic: Looking for relatives of Albert Handgather Rogers & Eveline Annie Maud Braine  (Read 2252 times)

Offline BrazilianBombshell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have the original certificate of the above named couple's Marriage at St George's Church, Edgbaston, dated Dec 31 1906.  Googling this couple's name I found on My Heritage a reference to Eveline's name, daughter of James Frederick Braine.  I'm not a member of My Heritage, and wonder if some kind person could let the owner of the tree know this.  Rather than destroying it I'd like to post it onto the descendants for their safe keeping. 
Davies - Brazil
Pooley - London
Preston- Lincoln
Martyn - Lincoln
Cannon - Lincoln
Griffin - Dorset
Poore - Dorset
Dickinson - Leicester & Dorset

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for relatives of Albert Handgather Rogers & Eveline Annie Maud Braine
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 February 19 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Any suggestions?
Davies - Brazil
Pooley - London
Preston- Lincoln
Martyn - Lincoln
Cannon - Lincoln
Griffin - Dorset
Poore - Dorset

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for relatives of Albert Handgather Rogers & Eveline Annie Maud Braine
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 February 19 12:56 GMT (UK) »
I can't help you with the MH site, but alternatively you could try posting the details here:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/unwanted-birth-marriage-death-certs-a-to-g/

Have you checked Surname Interests (bottom of this page under 'Your Tools')?

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 February 19 13:51 GMT (UK) »
There are a couple of Braine public trees on Ancestry which show her.   Try contacting one of the owners (one of whom was active on Ancestry today).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 February 19 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your reply.  Sadly I don't have a Ancestry membership at the moment.  Next time I'm at the library I will (if they allow me!) make contact.   I found the certificate amongst my grandparents papers, I have no idea how it came to be with them in Brazil. Ah, well, another secret gone to the grave...
Davies - Brazil
Pooley - London
Preston- Lincoln
Martyn - Lincoln
Cannon - Lincoln
Griffin - Dorset
Poore - Dorset

Offline missks

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 September 20 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have just come across this post while searching information about Eveline's father James Frederick Braine. This line is part of our family tree. I would love to have the original or even a copy if you still have it. I realize this post is over a year old, but remain hopeful you may still have it.

thank you so much!