Author Topic: Micaiah/Machia Sharrock, also sister Moriah  (Read 68 times)

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Micaiah/Machia Sharrock, also sister Moriah
« on: Sunday 10 February 19 22:57 GMT (UK) »
I have these two in my tree with very unusual first names, I have Micaiah  few times, couple of baptisms with different spellings but same person, and also a marriage in 1831 to Alice Openshaw, its after this I lose him, with such an unusual name thought it would be easy to find record but he just disappears, as does his sister. Moriah though could quite easily become Maria etc.,. I have tried all different ways of input to try and find where he might have gone but no luck so far.

Any Ideas would be gratefully received. Although I have baptisms I am wondering about the familys background and where they might have come from in the past, that being a work in progress .

TIA

Susan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Micaiah/Machia Sharrock, also sister Moriah
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 February 19 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Helpful if you could include which part of Lancashire is involved and also the names and birthyears of any children

EDIT

Per FS - marriage was in Bury
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 February 19 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, it's late my brain was saying sleep.

Micaiah was born 1813 says Radcliffe  his sister 1798 Darcy Lever. Parents are Benjamin Sharrocks and Ellen Finney.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 February 19 23:30 GMT (UK) »
There is a baptism for Micaiah Sharrocks born 10.6.1811 parents Benjamin & Eleanor @ Pilkington Stand Lane Chapel which is shown as New Jerusalemite

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 February 19 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Surname is again Sharrocks not Sharrock on baptism of Thomas Finney Sharrocks @ St Peter Bolton Le Moors Lever Chapel  on 15.10.1797.  Parents Benjamin & Ellen

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 February 19 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you yes Thomas Finney Sharrocks was a brother, as was Betty Heywood Finney born 1800 died 1803, also Elsie born 1804.

There are two baptisms for Micaiah one in 1802 at St Peters Bolton le moors, and the other one 28th July 1811 at the non conformist church new jerusalemite, but if this is him then mothers name is Ellen not Eleanor and he wasborn 1813 not 1811, so little confusing all around.

Just a very strange one.

Thanks

Susan