Author Topic: Thomas Leacock, death May 10, 1855, Cloney, Magherafelt  (Read 2930 times)

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Leacock, death May 10, 1855, Cloney, Magherafelt
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 February 19 02:49 GMT (UK) »
That is very interesting, Sinann. So  Henry's wife was Elizabeth and he had a daughter Jane. Also, Margaret who was granted permission to handle the estate. And William who was present at death.
thank you so very much.
I just looked up Jane's death  and she was a spinster, age 40, and brother Thomas was present at death. Building up the tree.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 17 February 19 18:13 GMT (UK) »
I think that I have found the right Henry's birth which was about 1808 in Kilcronaghan Parish. found a Henry baptised Jan 29, 1807 in Kilcronaghan Parish. His  parents were Henry Leacock and Jane Stuart.  I think Henry may have married Elizabeth Young abt. 1842ish (wife was Elizabeth and possibly surname was Young) and we know he had children Margaret, Jane, Thomas,William and Elizabeth. We know of child Elizabeth from Margaret's will of 1920. Daughter Elizabeth married John Coulter mar 7, 1872 in Draperstown. They had a daughter Mary Young Coulter which re-enforces belief that Henry married Elizabeth Young. I didn't find Mary's dob on irishgenealogy. Not sure why - abt 1884.
Peggy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 17 February 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Very good. When I don't find the baptism under the expected name, I usually check the unnamed baptisms. I guess I slipped up this time. Thank you
Peggy

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 17 February 19 21:59 GMT (UK) »
When I read Henry Leacock's daughter Margaret Leacock's will written in 1916 even though Margaret died in 1920, basically she names as beneficiaries all the sons and daughters of her sister Elizabeth Coulter and specifies that they are nieces and nephews.  But I can't figure out Bella Leacock Clarke of Tobermore's relationship and the relationship is not specified. Elizabeth did have another daughter Jane Helena Patterson Coulter born 1873 who is not mentioned in the will - perhaps she married a Clark/Clarke. But why wouldn't she be specified as a niece if so. And shouldn't it be Jane Clarke? So likely not a niece. Any thoughts?
Peggy

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 February 19 00:40 GMT (UK) »
I found an Isabella Leacock, born Tobermore, in 1875 to Hugh Leacock and Mary Fields. However, Isabella married Robert Laverty in 1902. Wonder if she remarried. And what was the relationship  to Margaret Leacock, daughter of Henry. Hugh's father was Samuel but I don't have mother as yet.
Peggy