Author Topic: Holy Trinity Church of England school, Port Melbourne  (Read 107 times)

Offline Rodney53

• RootsChat Member
  • Owen Wynne Morgan, my 3 x great-grandfather
    • View Profile
Holy Trinity Church of England school, Port Melbourne
« on: Tuesday 12 February 19 10:42 GMT (UK) »
The attached article mentions the schoolroom of 1909. I'm trying to find a little of its history. Not much luck so far. No mention of it when I was at the church site recently.
I suspect my great-grandmother Annie Ruth Morgan may well have attended the school. She was born in Rouse Street in 1881 and baptised at Holy Trinity.
I will be very grateful for any information/assistance.
Rodney53.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Trinity Church of England school, Port Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 February 19 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Not sure as it's in Victoria and I'm in Queensland, but I would think if the school still exists, that would be first port of call.
Otherwise, Church of England Archives in Melbourne.
Sorry I don't know their website but I'm sure Google does.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rodney53

• RootsChat Member
  • Owen Wynne Morgan, my 3 x great-grandfather
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Trinity Church of England school, Port Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 February 19 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Dawn.
I'm pretty sure the school is long closed but wondered if the current church, which was once the church hall to the previous church, might have served as a classroom, and was hoping someone might already know.
Will see what I can find out.
Thanks again.
Rodney53