Author Topic: Gaps in LWT of Robert MERRY 1592 PART 2  (Read 390 times)

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gaps in LWT of Robert MERRY 1592 PART 2
« on: Wednesday 13 February 19 06:46 GMT (UK) »
This is the remainder of the LWT submitted earlier. I sincerely appreciate your time and efforts in helping me complete the transcription.

Louise Merry Larson
California

Offline horselydown86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gaps in LWT of Robert MERRY 1592 PART 2
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Witnesses to come later:

ffirst also my goodes..................................................................
....wyef Jennett merrye in full satisfac(i)on of her therdes of my goodes
shall have one full therde parte And an other therd parte of all my goodes
cattells and debtes...

...them two to be devided...

...therd parte of all my goodes whatsoev(er) they be my Debtes...

...fullie and whollie...

...said Lovinge wyef...

...merrie equallie amongeste them three to be devided...

...my full and onelye executo(ur)s of...

...In wytnes whereof I the said Rob(er)te merie the father have hereunto sett my hand...

Offline horselydown86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 14:21 GMT (UK) »
...These beinge wytnesses threunto sp(ec)ially required John Storie thelder James Robinso(n)

James storie thelder & John harison w(i)th others Abraha(m) Robinson...

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 16:03 GMT (UK) »
... et sexto die mensis ffebruarij An(no) D(omi)ni

Mille(si)mo quinge(ntesi)mo Nonage(si)mo secundo decan(us) de Rydall Cert(ificavit) de app(ro)bac(i)one h(uius)mo(d)i test(amen)ti p(er) Jacob(um) Storie et Abraha(m)

Robinson testes p(re)no(m)i(n)at(os) iurat(os) &c Comm(i)ssaq(ue) fuit Ad(ministraci)o bonoru(m) eiusde(m) Jennet(e) Relic(te) dic(ti) def(uncti) Rob(er)to

merry et Lawrentio merrie filijs exec(utoribus) in eode(m) test(ament)o no(m)i(n)at(is) iurat(is) &c  Salvo iure Cuiuscumq(ue)

... and on the sixth day of the month of February in the year of the Lord one thousand five hundred ninety-two* the Dean of Ryedale certified concerning the probate of this will by the aforenamed witnesses James Storie and Abraham Robinson, who were sworn etc.; and administration of the goods of the same was granted to Jennett, relict of the said deceased, to Robert Merry and to Lawrence Merrie, the sons, the executors named in the same will, who were sworn etc.; saving the right of whomsoever

* 6 February 1592/93 = 1593 in the modern calendar

Offline en2gen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Ok, I thought he was dividing things up into "thirds" but I got a bit confused that I was reading it correctly. It still is a bit confusing. He gives a whole third to his wife; then he gives a second third to his two daughters (including debts?) that they are to split between them;then he gives the final third to his wife and two sons to split between the three of them. Am I reading that correctly?

Again, the transcription of the Latin and the names therein is so very useful. These same names, Storie, Robinson, et al appear over and over again in later generations as Merry girls marry.

I just might tell you that unfortunately, the PRs for Lockton are non-existant for this time period (and many gaps in later times) so these LWTs are my only source of info for trying to establish family groups from "stray" entries and going back further on this line which is fully documented by PRs up to about 1675. We know they were in Lockton in the 14th century but the earliest LWT we have is for 1554. You'll be glad to know we have that one mostly transcribed already, LOL!

Thanks again EVERYONE! I have one more early one to submit for your help this week. Then will be awaiting more from Borthwick in future.

Louise