Author Topic: Ayrshire deaths pre 1800  (Read 5912 times)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ayrshire deaths pre 1800
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 29 April 21 17:11 BST (UK) »
I realise this thread is just over two years old and Josh Swann has not been active since.
However today I went for a walk in Bank Woods and found the remains of the cottage I believe is the Bank referred to on the old maps. The ruins are certainly in the exact location.
I have taken some photos which I would be happy to post if Josh is interested - hoping he recieves an email alert ( fingers crossed)

Looby  :)

Offline jarrad

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ayrshire deaths pre 1800
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 08 July 23 07:50 BST (UK) »
I realise this thread is just over two years old and Josh Swann has not been active since.
However today I went for a walk in Bank Woods and found the remains of the cottage I believe is the Bank referred to on the old maps. The ruins are certainly in the exact location.
I have taken some photos which I would be happy to post if Josh is interested - hoping he recieves an email alert ( fingers crossed)

Looby  :)

I also share this ancestry with Josh and have found this thread interesting. I had followed the Allan’s of Galston, Riccarton, Craigie until they emigrated to Australia, where I am from. Out of coincidence I now live in Ayrshire with my Scottish wife.

If you do have bank woods photos of ruins I would be interested to see these if you still have them.