Author Topic: Gertrude Jones/Hayes.  (Read 3698 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrude Jones/Hayes.
« Reply #72 on: Monday 18 February 19 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Found it all - thanks
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 18 February 19 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Collette was born 28 Apr 1936 and was Mary F's child. She died in 2002.
You know it is possible also that her sister Elizabeth A....."A" who wrote the letter, had more than one child. We know that "D" is one...............Elizabeth A had at least three other children and could have called one of her children Collette after her sister?

When i examined "D's" tree there is a "Jones" born 1949 attached........it will be interesting if he makes contact. His mother "A" also has a tree.

We have had a rocky and terrifying ride, like a roller coaster, but it has been very enjoyable working with the professionals.
Can i keep in contact to let you know of any progress...........if your interested??
Bye for now, Cinny22

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday 18 February 19 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Cinny,
just post your results on here. Lancsann posted her interest and there will be others who have read it too. :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Friday 15 March 19 04:28 GMT (UK) »
Well my dear researchers, i have finally got the "certificates" back. One for the death of Mary Gertrude....all fits well, but.............the marriage of Mary Frances Hayes/Davies has more questions than answers?

I thought by getting this certificate we would find her Fathers name...........well the Father on this certificate is..........Alfred Hayes a "Seaman Merchant Service" Deceased by 1936. This profession seems ok for our "Hayes" family, as a few had the same position. The marriage is in St. Pancaras.
I have been searching for his Death all afternoon, and have not found it.
David Davies (her husband) is listed as a "Bricklayer" and his Father is John Davies, also a Bricklayer.
While researching today i did find/noticed "something" interesting..........altho the dates are a little off!
Mary Gertrude's parents were Peter and Margaret, but Peter had a brother George who married a Sarah Ann. Now it was in this family that i found a Alfred Hayes. He would be a Cousin to Mary Gertrude.................but........Mary was born 1898 and Alfred was born 1903, and i can't see them having a child together by 1915. Interesting tho there is a Gertrude Hayes also in George's family.
I really can't see must else for it but to find Mary Frances Hayes, birth and apply for the Certificate. This should sort this out once and for all.